Chapter 701 - Reversal of Fortune

A 26-year-old youth from the Xie Family headed over in Nie Yan and Xie Yao's direction.

The dinner party went on like normal. This minor distraction had no influence on the people in the hall as a whole.

Xie Jun was deeply worried. The resistance Nie Yan and Xie Yao faced would be enormous if the family were to oppose their relationship. He viewed Nie Yan quite highly. During the previous kidnapping attempt on Xie Yao, if it weren't for Nie Yan intervening, the situation could've turned a lot worse. In regards to personal character, Nie Yan was outstanding. The only thing Nie Yan lacked was backing. He might not care, but the Xie as a large dynasty cared greatly about social status.

Nie Yan and Xie Yao had no idea an impending crisis was looming over them.

At this moment, Mo Yuntian had finished his discussion. He waved his hand, signalling for the people beside him to leave. Bored and with little interest, he stared at the glass in his hand.

Seeing Mo Yuntian's expression wasn't so solemn, the mayor and deputy mayor standing off to the side breathed a sigh of relief.

Mo Yuntian swept his eyes over the hall before his gaze landed on Nie Yan. His eyes flickered with surprise. He didn't expect Nie Yan to attend this gathering.

Mo Yuntian got up from his seat.

The entire hall quieted down. Everyone's gazes fell on Mo Yuntian, wondering what he would do next.

His every little action affected the nerves of the people here.

Mo Yuntian noticed the strange atmosphere and waved his hand. "Continue on. Don't mind me." He walked over toward Nie Yan.

Everyone turned away, pretending to carry on with their previous conversation. However, they were all stealing glances at Mo Yuntian from the corners of their eyes.

The Xie Family was no exception. Noticing Mo Yuntian appeared to be heading towards Xie Yao and Nie Yan, Xie Yu turned to his son and said in a deep tone, "Xie Jun, have Xie Ming come back."

"Understood." Xie Jun was also surprised. He hurriedly texted Xie Ming.

Xie Ming was about to reach Nie Yan and Xie Yao, when he received the text. He nodded and slowly retreated back.

The Xie Family held their collective breath, their eyes laser-focused on Mo Yuntian. He did stop in front of Nie Yan and Xie Yao!

Nie Yan and Xie Yao had long since noticed Mo Yuntian walking over to them. Nie Yan stood up and politely greeted, "Good evening, General Yuntian."

Ever since Mo Yuntian arrived at the dinner party, even a fool could tell he was an extremely important figure. Nie Yan didn't dare to be as casual as before. One word from Mo Yuntian could decide the fate of World Bloc. If he offended Mo Yuntian, the consequences would be grave.

Xie Yao was struggling on how she should address Mo Yuntian, only for him to wave his hand with a laugh. "You two can call me uncle here."

Xie Yao glanced at Nie Yan. Seeing him nod, she obediently greeted, "Good evening, Uncle Yuntian."

Mo Yuntian looked over Xie Yao with a smile and turned to Nie Yan. "Brat, you've really got some ability, finding yourself such a pretty girlfriend. She looks much more reliable than all those girls Lei Su finds."

Nie Yan scratched his head and chuckled. He didn't expect Mo Yuntian would joke with him like this.

"How's that matter I entrusted you with going?" Mo Yuntian switched to a more serious topic after teasing Nie Yan and Xie Yao a little.