Chapter 727 - Abak's Frostwinter Shoulderguards

A light bulb lit up in Nie Yan’s head. He climbed back up into the tunnel, then summoned his shadow clone.

The shadow clone was only capable of simple actions on its own. However, Nie Yan could take control of it and employ any tactic he himself could do too.

The shadow clone jumped down into the stone room and arrived in front of the sarcophagus.

At this moment, Nie Yan no longer cared. He planned to use drastic measures. Even if the shadow clone died, it didn’t matter. He’d have to wait for it to go off cooldown to summon it again anyway.

Standing in front of the sarcophagus, the shadow clone took a steady stance, gradually building up strength in its fist. When it was ready, it threw out a powerful punch.

BOOM! The sarcophagus was smashed apart. The shattered fragments flew out to two sides and collided into the walls.

The stone room trembled violently. The shadow clone was instantly beset by numerous traps.

Looking down from the tunnel, all Nie Yan saw were arrows, flying knives, and needles flitting past.

Nie Yan gulped. He could already tell the shadow clone’s fate.

Sure enough, Nie Yan promptly received a notification that the shadow clone had died.

For three whole minutes, the traps in the room never stopped firing.

Nie Yan wondered if anyone in the previous timeline had opened up this sarcophagus. Just how many lives would have to be sacrificed!

A while later, the room finally settled back down. Nie Yan poked his head inside to have a look. On the floor lay a carpet of arrows, flying knives, and needles. As for the sarcophagus, no powerful undead or monster popped out like he expected. He saw some hole-riddled clothes and a single item which sparkled with a dazzling radiance.

It was a pair of shoulder guards, pure black with a glossy metallic lustre.

“Found it!” Nie Yan’s eyes lit up. This was merely a cenotaph paying tribute to the deceased and not the tomb of Abak.

Nie Yan couldn’t tell if the room was finally safe. Thinking it over, he shot out a webline at the shoulderguards, then pulled them into his grasp.

“Whew, got it!” Nie Yan examined the shoulderguards closely. Without a doubt, it was a piece of the Tyrant Abak Set. It emanated an icy aura that seeped into his very soul.

Abak’s Frostwinter Shoulderguards (Legendary): Unequippable

Requirements: 1,500 Strength, 1,200 Dexterity, Level 180

Description: This item can only be worn by the owner of the Glimpse of Darkness. It is only equippable when the owner has gathered the full set. Abak held strength in high regard. Only the powerful can become tyrants. Eliminate all traitors!

Properties: Defense +1,220, Strength +500, Dexterity +320, Ice Resistance +300, Ice Damage Reduction +30%, Freeze Immunity

Set Completion: 5/8

Note: Automatically bound to the owner of Volume I of the Book of Order; cannot be traded or dropped.

These shoulderguards made the fifth piece of the Tyrant Abak Set. Only three more pieces remained. Nie Yan was one step closer to gathering the full set.

The properties of these Frostwinter Shoulderguards were excellent, especially the ice resistance. For an item to provide 50 resistance to a certain element was already impressive. For example, the Kiln Fire Heart and Heart of Winter only provided 50 fire and ice resistance respectively. 300 ice resistance allowed Nie Yan to completely disregard most ice-type spells, to say nothing of the 30% Ice Damage Reduction and Freeze Immunity. He would be the nemesis of all ice Mages.