Chapter 664 - Decree of Dusk!

Watch out, there's a Variant Lord coming over,」Nie Yan warned in voice chat.

Nie Yan, how strong is a Variant Lord?」Tang Yao asked. He had never encountered a Variant Lord-class monster before. So, he didn't know how powerful they were.

Don't let yourselves get hit. Variant Lords are really powerful. A Level 100 Variant Lord is basically equal to a Level 150 Lord,」Nie Yan replied. Tang Yao and Xie Yao were both cloth-armoured casters. Even though their defense had risen sharply after becoming Magisters, they still wouldn't survive a single hit from a Variant Lord.

With his leather armour, high defense and defense rank, Nie Yan could probably endure a few hits from a Variant Lord. However, he had no way of tanking indefinitely like plate-armoured Warriors.

Hearing Nie Yan's words, Tang Yao and Xie Yao raised their vigilance.

The two Variant Skeleton Kings were fast approaching. The putrid stench coming of their bones was dizzying.

Nie Yan looked down at his status bar. He was inflicted with a debuff.

Plague Disease: All Stats -30%, Movement Speed -20%.

Dread: Attack Power and Magic Power -30%.

These were the special debuffs of Variant Skeleton Kings.

Shortly after Nie Yan's group was affected by the debuffs, Battle Angel Kalenna waved her staff. Rays of light fell over their bodies, sweeping away all negative status effects. They also received six blessings, which greatly increased their various stats, including movement speed, health, and defense.

"Damn! Where did you get that angel from? She's amazing!" Tang Yao exclaimed after looking at his status bar. The value of a guardian angel like Kalenna was definitely no lower than his Arcane Fairy.

The Arcane Fairy and Kalenna specialized in different things. The former raised their owner's stats, mana, and mana recovery rate, while the latter was proficient in all sorts of support magic, including blessings and removing debuffs.

"I got her after becoming a Luminous Dancer," Nie Yan replied. Looking up ahead, the Lord-class skeletons were getting closer and closer.

The two Variant Skeleton Kings brandished the great war-axes in their hands and charged over.

"Leave one of them to me!" Xie Yao said after glancing at her skill bar.

"Are you sure?" Nie Yan asked. Even though Xie Yao had obtained many pieces of Legendary-grade equipment, she had yet to show off her true strength in front of him.

"Yeah." Xie Yao nodded in earnest.

Nie Yan always felt Xie Yao required his protection. He rarely let her take action on the battlefield herself. Only now did he realize that he had no understanding of her true strength. The fact that she could successfully become a Holy Magister and obtain so many pieces of Legendary-grade equipment was clear proof of her skill.

"Alright. Leave the other Variant Skeleton King to me," Nie Yan declared confidently. It would be a piece of cake for him.

"Hey! If you two are taking one each, what am I supposed to do?" Tang Yao joked.

"Don't worry, you can deal with the rest," Nie Yan chuckled.

Tang Yao rolled his eyes. "You two sure are cruel. Not only am I third-wheeling here, but you're also leaving me to deal with all these Lords and Elites by myself!"

Nie Yan and Xie Yao smiled at each other.

"I'll have Lil' Gold and the 30 Paladins support you."

"Phew, that sounds more like it." Tang Yao breathed a sigh of relief.