Chapter 648 - Necromancer Vorderman

Nie Yan began reconstruction efforts on the several ruined strongholds Asskickers United had conquered. Advancing at a steady pace, he planned to eventually swallow up all the guilds near Colt. As their assault continued, compelled by circumstances, some of the guilds that hadn't joined up with the Monet Financial Group gave up any resistance and surrendered to Asskickers United.

Only after putting forward extremely stringent conditions did Nie Yan allow them to merge into Holy Empire, Sapphire Shrine, the War God Tribe, and the other guilds in the alliance. These guilds numbered more than 100,000 players altogether. After fully absorbing them, the strength of the alliance would increase by quite a bit.

Another day flew by. As evening approached, Nie Yan had Asskickers United's troops garrison in a recently reconstructed stronghold, bolstering its defenses. They would continue with their war efforts the next day.

What left Nie Yan a little baffled was that the Monet Financial Group showed no signs of movement.

The Monet Financial Group was like a predator hidden in the darkness. Asskickers United had already provoked it. It was simply waiting for an opportunity to strike. As long as the timing was right, it would leap out and take a ruthless bite out of Asskickers United.

...

Undead Temple.

Few players were aware that such a place existed on the surface world.

The Undead Temple was located in a foggy abyss on the northwest border of the Viridian Empire. It was hidden deep within a labyrinth with an ever changing structure. Even if players somehow cleared it, entering the temple was still incredibly difficult since most of the monsters that spawned there were over Level 100.

A group of several teams had once made their way through the labyrinth and stumbled upon this temple. However, they were all wiped out without exception. After learning about the existence of the Undead Temple, God Executioner Sword never stopped sending people over to explore it.

Most recently, Qin Han and Matchless Divine Sword, the guild leader of God Executioner Sword, had entered this place. After passing the Undead Temple's defenses, they finally reached the inner hall. Their losses on the way were disastrous. Since the undead here were especially hostile against anything holy, they would ignore the Warriors fighting for their aggro and rush straight at the Paladins and Priests. With the healers first to fall, the others soon followed. In the end, only five players managed to enter the Undead Temple.

The interior of the Undead Temple was filled with all sorts of strange sculptures. At the front of the hall was the carving of a large skull with green flames flickering in its eye sockets.

Qin Han's face was hidden behind a black cloak. His eyes scanned the surroundings with both suspicion and curiosity.

As soon as he set foot into the Undead Temple, he felt a voice beckoning to him. He couldn't help but walk toward it.

"Boss, what's going on?" The other players felt something was off about Qin Han.

Clad in the armour of a Warrior, Matchless Divine Sword wanted to say something.

Qin Han raised his hand and said, "All of you, remain on standby."

Everyone halted their steps. Staring at Qin Han with looks of bewilderment, they watched him continue walking forward.