Chapter 658 - Web-Crawler Ring

Transcendent Insight!

Vorderman: Level ???
Titles: Legendary Necromancer

Necromancer Vorderman's level was too high. The Shadow Clone had no way of seeing through it.

Even if the Shadow Clone were to ambush Vorderman, killing him was an impossible task.

If Vorderman finished up with the ritual, the Shadow Clone would definitely be a goner. So, time was of the essence.

Nie Yan had the Shadow Clone circle around Vorderman. Various magical items were scattered on the ground. He collected a few of them to serve as evidence, including a bone fragment used in the ritual for summoning the bone dragon.

After obtaining these items, Nie Yan had the Shadow Clone retreat.

It passed within five meters of Vorderman.

Seeing Vorderman still completely oblivious to the Shadow Clone's presence, a dangerous thought popped into Nie Yan's mind.

"I should try stealing from Vorderman!"

The Shadow Clone slowly inched closer to Vorderman. The distance between the two was getting shorter and shorter.

Nie Yan held his breath as his heartbeat raced. He prayed Vorderman wouldn't wake up.

The Shadow Clone finally arrived within arm's length of Vorderman.

Nie Yan had the Shadow Clone extend its hand and use Steal.

Steal failed!

"Dammit!" Nie Yan's heart tightened. Seeing Vorderman still chanting away and oblivious to the Shadow Clone, only then did his heart calm down.

Ever since Steal reached Rank 16, it had rarely ever failed. Nie Yan could steal from any monster, regardless of their level. Vorderman was the first NPC at too high of a level for Steal to always be a success.

"Let's try again!"

Nie Yan had the Shadow Clone use Steal again.

Steal successful! You have obtained a Sable Dragon Core.

Nie Yan raised an eyebrow. This was the first time he saw a Sable Dragon Core. He was curious if it was the same as a life core, or something else altogether.

Vorderman still showed no signs of reaction, with only the bone dragon's awakening in its eyes.

"This guy sure is way too focused when chanting. Alright then, I won't hold back!"

After using Steal several more times, Nie Yan obtained three Sable Dragon Cores and one Synthesis Gem.

Nie Yan was laser focused while having the Shadow Clone steal from Vorderman. The slightest slip-up wouldn't just cost him the Shadow Clone but possibly his own life as well.

At this moment, Vorderman opened his eyes. His eye sockets flared with ferocious crimson flames.

Nie Yan's heart tightened. "Crap, he's awake!"

He hurriedly had the Shadow Clone activate Gale Step and flee into the distance.

Nie Yan retreated in the opposite direction, slipping into the dark shadows of a corner. Before long, the silhouettes of the Shadow Clone and Vorderman were no longer in view. Not even 30 seconds later, he received a notification of the Shadow Clone's death.

"Damn! What a frightening NPC!"

Nie Yan activated a Return Scroll and disappeared with a flash of light. When he opened his eyes again, he was already back in Hilderlocke. He reviewed the Shadow Clone's last moments before death. Vorderman had instantly crushed it to death with Shadow Tangle.