Chapter 673 - Joining Heavenly Kings

Feeling the searing heat assaulting his face, Lei Su attempted to block with the aura from Bulwark of the War God. However, he couldn't use it again so soon after blocking an attack. As for his other defensive skills, there was no time.

Nie Yan's attack came at the most opportune time. Lei Su's reaction was a beat too late. He simply had no time to block the Cut Throat. The sharp blade of Zennarde's Sword came down on his throat, ruthlessly slicing open a large wound.

−9,895

Lei Su lost all his remaining health.

THUD! Lei Su collapsed to the ground.

"It's over." Nie Yan sheathed Zennarde's Sword. He was quite pleased with his last Cut Throat.

The spectators didn't find this outcome surprising at all. From the beginning of the match to the end, Lei Su was always on the backfoot. Nie Yan's speed was simply too oppressive. However, they still deeply admired Lei Su. There were definitely no more than five players in the entire Viridian Empire who could push Nie Yan this far.

Everyone was dumbstruck. This was the strength of a Shadow Dancer and Sword Saint! Many players replayed the video of the match at half or quarter speed, watching everything back in slow motion. From one shot to the next, the video was analyzed. What was impossible to see live became crystal clear in the replays. Nie Yan and Lei Su's grasps of skill cooldowns and reaction speeds were especially impeccable.

After playing the match back countless times over, only then did everyone understand just what a Shadow Dancer represented-the absolute pinnacle of speed! As a Sword Saint, Lei Su's attacks were by no means slow. However, he couldn't hold a candle to Nie Yan. He was abused like a punching bag while his health was slowly shaved away. Even if he had unrivalled defense and health, he would still eventually succumb to the endless barrage of attacks.

In terms of class matchups, a Sword Saint could easily suppress a Shadow Dancer. But in the face of Nie Yan's devillish speed, Lei Su was completely helpless to retaliate.

"The forums say Magisters beat Sword Saints, Sword Saints beat Shadow Dancers, and Shadow Dancers beat Magisters-sort of like a roshambo relationship. But how come, after watching the match between Nirvana Flame and Lei Su, I feel like Shadow Dancers can completely suppress Sword Saints? What can you even do against that ludicrous speed?" a player analyzed in a speechless manner.

"Pfft... Did you already forget who Lei Su was facing? Just because Nirvana Flame can beat Lei Su using that kind of method doesn't mean others can. I'm betting ordinary Shadow Dancers would have the floor wiped with them."

The player thought for a moment. This made sense. With such high health and defense, a Shadow Dancer would generally never take action against a Sword Saint in the wilderness. Because to them, Sword Saints were too tough to chew. Even if they mounted the perfect ambush, taking down a Sword Saint generally wasn't possible. Their only advantage was their powerful fleeing ability, allowing them to not lose even if they couldn't win. In other words, the match wasn't fair to begin with. Lei Su had an innate advantage. However, Nie Yan was simply too powerful. He used his high stats to overcome this class disadvantage.

Though Lei Su had lost, the fearsome destructive power of a Sword Saint remained engraved deeply in the minds of the players. At present, three classes had appeared among the Master Class players, Sword Saint, Magister, and Shadow Dancer. Each one was supremely powerful, sparking the imaginations of countless players. If they could successfully class advance, even if they couldn't become as amazing as Nie Yan or Lei Su, they would still stand at the apex among ordinary players. Master Classes were definitely the symbol of the strong.