Chapter 645 - Even Dragons Must Submit!

"If I want to upgrade my Dullahan Cavalry Crossbow, I'll have to return to Calore to get the materials first, then take some time to do some research."

Nie Yan glanced at the time. It was about time to log off. After exiting the game, he stepped out of the game capsule.

"You're out now? Good, come! Let's go have some breakfast," Xie Yao greeted with a splendid smile.

Nie Yan nodded. After brushing his teeth and washing up, he sat down with Xie Yao at the breakfast table. The rays of the early morning sun filtering through the window appeared especially bright. Xie Yao was as beautiful as ever in her bright yellow sundress. Her calm and gentle smile brought a feeling of warmth to his heart.

After constantly chasing the apex inside the game, being able to come out and enjoy this kind of atmosphere in real life was an indescribable bliss.

"So, how is your Phoenix?" Nie Yan asked. He couldn't help but feel a little guilty. It had been a while since he had last checked up on Xie Yao's progress. Luckily, she was understanding. Knowing her significant other was ever busy, she'd vowed to do the same in an effort to be of use to him, to stand proudly by his side.

"It's a Rank 6 flying mount that specializes in fire magic. Thanks to my influence, it knows a bit of light magic too. It also has the Flame Rebirth skill. Its defense and health are much lower than your Darkwing Dragon's, but its magic abilities are top tier," Xie Yao replied. She had no complaints about her Phoenix's strength.

After inquiring about the Phoenix's specific stats, Nie Yan had a more or less rough understanding of it. The Phoenix and the Darkwing Dragon were two different types of flying mounts. The former specialized in offensive magic, while the latter leaned more toward close combat with high defense and resistance to magic. Its physical attacks far surpassed equal rank flying mounts.

If the two fought on equal footing, the Darkwing Dragon would definitely come out the victor. Dragons were well-known for their astonishing resilience to magic. The Phoenix's ordinary attacks would have no effect on the Darkwing Dragon. If it allowed the Darkwing Dragon to get close, and the two scuffled at close-range, it would be at even more of a disadvantage. So, in the rankings for various creatures, the Darkwing Dragon stood above the Phoenix.

"It'll take me another 10 days to finish my class advancement quest," Xie Yao informed. Thinking about how she was going to become a Holy Magister, she was elated. She would finally have the qualifications to be of help to Nie Yan.

In all of Conviction, Holy Magisters were an absolutely awe-inspiring class. Their powerful magic could decimate a battlefield and reap countless lives.

The most important factor that differentiated Magisters from Great Mages was that a Magister had a much deeper comprehension of the essence of magic, allowing them to tap into taboo powers. Some powerful forbidden magic could destroy the heavens and upend the earth. Holy Magisters specialized in light magic. So, the damage they dealt to creatures of darkness far exceeded that of other Magisters.

Not just Xie Yao, but many more other Magisters would emerge from Asskickers United. They would become the guild's most frightening force.

At present, the other guilds including Angel Corps only had a few members doing their class advancement quests, lagging far behind Asskickers United.

Before long, Angel Corps would realize that prioritizing capturing flying mounts over the fostering of Master Class players was a costly mistake. By neglecting the roots and pursuing the peak, the advantage they had built up so far would slowly erode away.