Chapter 702 - Ruthless Monopolization!

Nie Yan and Xie Yao drove around Huahai together. The sights in the city were fairly decent. More importantly, this was home.

Nie Yan drove the car, occasionally sneaking glances at Xie Yao. With her pure, white dress, she looked even more enchanting against the backdrop of the night, like a fairy in the dark.

"My father gave me a call. My grandfather is asking you to visit our villa in Xiangdong when you have the time," Xie Yao said, her cheeks flushing with an alluring rosy colour.

Nie Yan sank into silence for a moment. "Maybe some other time." He didn't want to visit Xie Yao's family right now. If he went now, he would have to meet Xie Yi and her other relatives.

"Alright, I'll let my father know." Xie Yao nodded. She knew what he was thinking.

The two enjoyed this brief moment of tranquility. Eventually, Xie Yao had to go back to accompany her parents, while Nie Yan still had many responsibilities to take care of inside Conviction. When the time for the servers reopening approached, the two finally parted.

Nie Yan returned home. He ate a little something, then entered the game.

After pausing in the daytime, the clock in Conviction continued ticking again.

Nie Yan would have to spend an astronomical sum of gold to develop his fiefdom. He checked his various accounts. Asskickers United roughly had 2,300,000 gold saved up, the Starry Night Potion Shop close to 2,000,000, and the Union of Assassins roughly 2,000,000 as well. Furthermore, he had accumulated about 3,000,000 gold in his personal storage, the profits from his auction houses and shops.

However, this amount of gold was far from meeting his needs. His territory could contain a major city the size of Calore. He could also freely construct strongholds in any suitable places. Every development project came with exorbitant costs.

What had Nie Yan the most excited was that he could enact his own laws and set the taxes in his territory. He could also form his own army and recruit NPCs to serve in it. If he was willing to pay the price, he could even recruit an extremely powerful expert.

If Nie Yan had a powerful NPC army, Asskickers United's foundation would be unshakeable. What's more, he could freely launch attacks on Angel Corps.

There were simply too many things that needed developing in his territory. Just where would he get all the gold from?

The stockpile of Dispel Fog Scrolls and gems were almost sold off. Asskickers United had earned an enormous sum of gold, but Nie Yan still needed even more revenue sources!

Nie Yan conceived a plan in his head. Ordinary methods would produce limited results. A couple hundred thousand gold was a mere drop in the bucket for Asskickers United.

Go big or go home!

Nie Yan thought of an extremely ruthless method used in reality, and that was dumping and monopolizing! In the past, the United Kingdom had relied on this method to create the legend of the great British Empire.

When a nation's production ability reached a certain level and they wanted to completely take over the market of a rival nation, they would frequently resort to a certain method, and that was flooding and monopolizing. First you would flood the market of that nation with ridiculously cheap goods. With no way to compete with these prices, the domestic companies in that market would go bankrupt one by one until you gained a monopoly. Afterwards, you would slowly raise the prices back up to normal. Like this, you could make enormous profits.