Chapter 733 - The Eighth Character Property

"To think there was such an item here..." Nie Yan was stunned.

Nie Yan recalled the Lich King Insar's Secret Treasure Map sitting in his bag all this time. He had never found the opportunity to use it.

Insar was an incredibly famous Lich King. Many traces of his existence were scattered all over the Atlanta continent. His road to fame was paved by killing three legendary NPCs.

This was ancient history. Most history books only had one or two lines covering this era.

Seeing Nie Yan staring at the finger bone, Vaigus explained, "Our ancestors discovered this finger bone while exploring a marsh. It exudes a powerful curse aura. It can serve as an intermediary for Shadow Priests, greatly increasing the might of their curses, and contains frightening power. No elder has ever dared to touch it. When the previous elder passed away, he left me the task to find someone that can unlock the mystery behind this finger bone."

Nie Yan checked the price of this finger bone. It cost 30,000 gold.

"I'd like to buy it. Here's 30,000 gold," Nie Yan said. Even though it was a bit expensive, he still decided to buy it.

"Are you really planning to buy it?" Vaigus asked in surprise.

"Yes." Nie Yan nodded.

"M'lord, if you want this finger bone, we can gift it to you," Vaigus said in reverence.

"No need. Everyone has to follow the rules, even more so the lord of the city," Nie Yan said. His past life experience told him that abusing his authority to take advantage of NPCs would only incur their disgust. The cons simply weren't worth the meagre benefits. Many similar situations had occurred in the previous timeline with players holding high titles of nobility humiliating and stealing from NPCs. Shortly after, these players were mysteriously assassinated, without exception.

Conviction's settings were like this. Nie Yan knew how to maintain a good relationship with NPCs, and learning to be humble was the first step.

Since Nie Yan insisted on paying, Vaigus hurriedly said, "M'lord, I admire your principles. We're willing to accept your gold. But as a token of our sincerity, everything you buy here will be half-off. So, please take this back."

Nie Yan thought for a moment before nodding and accepting half the gold.

"Please be careful. This finger bone is an extremely dangerous item." Vaigus carefully took Lich King Insar's Finger Bone from display with a special runic cloth, his face grimacing in pain, and handed it over to Nie Yan.

As Nie Yan took Lich King Insar's Finger Bone from Vaigus, a cold, sinister energy surged into his hand.

Dread, chills, pain, a myriad of negative emotions threatened to overwhelm him.

Almost immediately, a list of words flashed through his mind: 'Just', 'Sincere', 'Humble'...

It was written down in various records that these virtues could give a person the strength to resist the power of curses.

Nie Yan could clearly sense the power of the curse gradually being dispersed before disappearing completely.

You have obtained Lich King Insar's Finger Bone.

You have received the quest Spiritual Guidance.

Seeing these two notifications, Nie Yan knitted his brows. He had no idea what kind of quest this was. Looking at his quest window, it showed a blurred out text. He would have to uncover it somehow.