Chapter 724 - Zennarde's Sword Breaks Through!

After fighting for two whole days, the Royal Griffon Corps suffered 900 casualties. Among them more than 30 Masters had died at the hands of Necromancer Vorderman.

As time passed, like an oil lamp slowly drying up, so to did Necromancer Vorderman's spark of life slowly dim until almost nothing was left.

Nie Yan inspected Necromancer Vorderman's status. His health had already fallen to critical levels, but the exact figure wasn't shown. As for the bone dragon, it was also on the verge of death.

Necromancer Vorderman stood atop the bone dragon's head, the flames in his eyes flickering with an inconsolable grief.

"Brave soldiers, Necromancer Vorderman is at the end of the road. Your achievements will be recorded down in the history books!" Nie Yan shouted. He knew NPCs cared greatly for glory.

"For the glory of the Viridian Empire!" The Royal Griffon Corps intensified their assault. They were about to overpower Necromancer Vorderman completely.

"Despicable humans, you can all follow me into destruction! Let the curse of death eternally linger in your ears. Cry out and tremble in fear!" Necromancer Vorderman shouted. A thick, black miasma started pouring out from his body.

The death energy contained within the miasma instantly affected the NPCs in the immediate vicinity.

They let out miserable shrieks as the life energy was rapidly sapped away from their bodies. Their originally bright and healthy skin dried up into a sickly yellow. The griffons didn't fare any better. They quickly withered up and dropped out of the sky.

THUD! THUD! THUD! One corpse after another hit the ground.

The miasma continued spreading out.

"HAAAAKakakakakaaaa..." Necromancer Vorderman laughed sinisterly, his voice growing increasingly hoarse.

"Nie Yan, let's leave! Now!" Bladelight anxious cried out. They would definitely die if the miasma touched them.

"You guys leave first!" Nie Yan said. His eyes locked onto Necromancer Vorderman who was laughing maniacally. He could sense Vorderman was already at his limit.

"What are you planning to do!?"

"Boss, hurry! We're almost out of time!"

...

His brothers all urged him to escape, but Nie Yan showed no intentions to. Instead, he urged the Darkwing Dragon forward and pounced toward Necromancer Vorderman.

Seeing Nie Yan's actions, Bladelight and the others' eyes trembled. They realized what he was trying to do. Since he dared to go in for the kill, that naturally meant he had a plan.

"Everyone, retreat!"

Bladelight led the players from Asskickers United away.

Adjudicator of God!

A golden barrier enveloped Nie Yan. When the miasma came in contact with the membrane of light, it immediately dispersed into nothing.

"It works!" Nie Yan smirked, his eyes flickering with a cold light.

The Darkwing Dragon let out a miserable cry as the miasma invaded its body. It trembled violently in the air, almost dropping out of the sky.

Even if the Darkwing Dragon would have to be sacrificed, it was already too late to turn back now!

Nie Yan arched his body. He was only about 30 meters away from Necromancer Vorderman. Activating the Leap ability from his Web-Crawler Ring, he pushed off from his legs and soared through the sky.