Chapter 675 - Archon Flame Apocalypse

Nie Yan stuck to one hard-and-fast rule, and that was to never have a direct clash. He would shave away at the enemy's numbers as much as possible. However, as soon as the skeleton army breached their defenses, he would order an immediate retreat.

Since it was like this, the players from Asskickers United relaxed substantially. Seeing the skeletons marching over step by step, they really did appear awfully slow. Faced with this kind of enemy, as long as they weren't surrounded, they could easily get away.

The horde of skeletons had already arrived within 300 meters of the Shoro Stronghold.

"Catapults, open fire!" Nie Yan ordered. The 70 catapults that had long since been readied immediately launched their payloads into the air.

Countless shells arced through the sky and fell toward the skeleton army.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! Frost explosions rang out through the battlefield, encasing countless skeletons in ice.

Afterwards, the Armoured Ice Catapults were swiftly reloaded in preparation for a second barrage.

Close to half of the skeletons within 500 meters of the stronghold were wiped out. However, this didn't slow the rest down. Stepping over the bony remains of their fellow skeletons, they gradually approached the stronghold walls.

It was time for the Mages to shine. Standing atop the walls, they waved their staffs. A torrent of magic came pouring down on the skeletons below.

The Mages took turns casting AoE magic on the skeletons below. All sorts of different spells amalgamated together, producing a light show of fire, ice, and lightning. The skeletons collapsed in droves and turned into piles of bones.

Only about a tenth of the skeletons survived the bombardments from the catapults. However, even after arriving below the walls, they could only wander around aimlessly. They had no way of climbing the stronghold. In the end, they were cleaned up by the Mages.

The skeleton army was pretty terrible at sieging. Before long, the ground below the walls was filled with piles of bones, which only grew higher by the second.

Even though the skeleton army's losses were severe, skeletons were flooding evermore forward.

Qin Han fervently urged his skeleton army to press forward. Even if the losses were greater, he wouldn't care. He wanted to crush every obstacle in front of him, especially Nie Yan. That fellow had to die! He knew Nie Yan was leading the defenses at the Shoro Stronghold, so he couldn't get himself to withdraw.

Meanwhile, information about Qin Han being the dark hand behind the Vengeance of the Undead event and his treachery that led to the massacre of more than 500,000 players from 30 different guilds was exposed online. The players on the forums erupted in righteous anger, condemning his actions, and his reputation was forever tarnished.

Nie Yan took advantage of the opportunity to leak that Qin Han was also controlling Divine Protectors, God Executioner Sword, and Penumbra Empire from behind the scenes. More and more players started siding with Asskickers United and spurning the three other guilds. Nevertheless, Nie Yan understood that even though public opinion was on his side, the outcome would still be determined by the side with the bigger fists.

Only a single victor could emerge between Asskickers United and the Monet Financial Group.

The area below the Shoro Stronghold had already become a land of death with bones scattered everywhere. They were slowly piling up, 5 meters, 10 meters, 15 meters... gradually approaching the height of the walls. The skeletons were climbing up this mountain of bones.