Chapter 655 - Amazing Range!

W

hat astonishing destructive power!

Annihilation Slash had its limits. It was comparable to a small-scale AoE skill in range and attacked only in a straight line. However, its might was far superior to that of any ordinary AoE skill. A 1,000% damage multiplier combined with Nie Yan's already high attack power was extremely frightening.

Even the Elite skeletons were obliterated by this Rank 5 Annihilation Slash.

The horde of 400 skeletons was reduced by half. The remaining ones moved in to surround Nie Yan. But his little test run was over with. He escaped into stealth and allowed Lil' Gold to deal with them.

As someone who played the Thief class, Nie Yan clearly wasn't specialized in dealing with large groups of monsters. If he had to deal with these skeletons one by one, it would take him an eternity to get through all of them.

In the blink of an eye, Lil' Gold wiped out a large number of skeletons, littering the ground with piles of bone fragments.

Lil' Gold's might was quite impressive. Combined with the support he received from Battle Angel Kalenna, he was practically invincible, sweeping through everything in his path. These skeletons gave a fairly generous amount of experience, five times that of ordinary Level 100 monsters. The only downside was that they didn't drop any loot.

Even so, the experience alone made it more than worth it.

Lil' Gold was already Level 98, 93%. Before long, he would reach Level 100. Nie Yan wondered what kind of change would occur at that time. He was full of expectation.

...

Brocchi Stronghold. Donned in black robes, Qin Han was monitoring the progress of his skeleton army. He was utterly unaware of what was going on on the outskirts of the stronghold, since all he had to go off was the number of skeletons currently under his control.

The skeleton army had already grown to 60,000 strong and was still rapidly expanding. They attacked the nearby villages and intercepted passing players. Qin Han glanced down at his character bar. Displayed in the bottom right corner was the skeleton count.

Qin Han's plan was progressing rapidly. The number of skeletons under his control kept rising, going from 30,000 to 50,000 and then to over 60,000 right now.

Qin Han could roughly guess the situation outside. As the skeleton army grew, so too would their range of activity. For every 500 ordinary skeletons, an Elite one would pop up; for every 20 Elites, a Lord would appear; and finally for every five Lords, a Variant Lord would awake. They all gathered in groups, never going off on their own. If they encountered a player or perhaps a village, they would call over any allies in the vicinity and simply overwhelm the target with sheer numbers. As a result, the number of skeletons would multiply exponentially.

Seeing the number of skeletons rapidly rising, Qin Han's ambitions grew larger and larger. He knew there was no more turning back. He could only brave forward on the path ahead of him. He would bury all his enemies in a sea of bones! A certain figure popped into his mind. "Nirvana Flame, you better wash your neck because I'm coming for your head!"

About half an hour later, Qin Han looked at the skeleton count and discovered it hadn't risen by much at all. Last he checked it was at 63,527. Currently, it sat at 63,539. It had only gone up by a little over 10. This didn't make any sense. What was going on? Logically speaking, with so many skeletons roaming around outside, that number should be much higher.