Chapter 688 - Glimpse of Light

Nie Yan's movements were as fast as lightning.

Qin Han only noticed Nie Yan when he was already right next to him. By the time he reacted, it was too late. He simply couldn't keep up with Nie Yan's speed.

Just before Zennarde's Sword made contact with Qin Han's body, a barrier of pure darkness emerged. It blocked the attack and pushed Nie Yan back.

Necromancer Vorderman had placed a trigger-type protective barrier spell on Qin Han's body. It had saved his life.

Nie Yan knitted his brows. The appearance of this barrier threw his plans out of whack. If his attack had landed, Qin Han would already be dead right now! Since the situation had taken such a turn, he could only switch tactics.

Having just survived a narrow brush with death, Qin Han was overjoyed. He quickly retreated and raised his staff in preparation to cast an offensive spell. In his mind, Vorderman's barrier wasn't something Nie Yan could cut through. In fact, he doubted Nie Yan could leave so much as a scratch on it.

Nie Yan stepped forward and slashed down with his blade.

Annihilation Slash!

Zennarde's Sword erupted with scorching hot flames. 10 sword silhouettes took shape above his head, each more than 20 meters long. They merged into one enormous sword which slashed down on Qin Han. BOOOM! His black barrier instantly shattered into pieces.

What a powerful skill! Qin Han felt his scalp go numb. The barrier couldn't even withstand one blow!

As the incomparably savage flame sword came cleaving down, Qin Han had nowhere left to run. Annihilation Slash was an AoE skill, five meters wide and 20 meters long.

Qin Han waved his staff, summoning an enormous skeleton in front of him. BOOM! The skeleton was annihilated.

Nie Yan's slash didn't falter. After destroying the skeleton, it continued down toward Qin Han.

Resentment and despair flickered across Qin Han's eyes. BANG! After being hit by the slash, his body lifelessly flew through the sky.

−27,307!

It was an instant kill.

After executing Annihilation Slash, Nie Yan lowered his blade, a smile plastered on his face. "Game over!"

Nie Yan was quite pleased with himself. Sure enough, Annihilation Slash was powerful.

Nie Yan had killed Qin Han literally within seconds. By the time Necromancer Vorderman noticed the commotion, it was already too late.

"You wretched cur!" Necromancer Vorderman cursed. The person under his protection was killed right under his nose, by a weakling he could crush like an ant no less! This was a huge disgrace! He waved his staff, sending a giant ice spear flying towards Nie Yan.

Nie Yan was already satisfied with killing Qin Han. He didn't hold any hopes of killing Vorderman as well. His gaze landed on Qin Han's corpse. The seven chapters he had dropped were falling gently toward the ground.

Seeing the ice spear coming right at him, Nie Yan couldn't dodge out of the way in time. He decided to brave it head-on and dove after the chapters.

BOOM! The ice spear smashed into Nie Yan. His barrier trembled violently and became much fainter than before. The durability had gone down by more than 30,000!

However, it was still intact.

Nie Yan was safe and sound. He caught two of the falling chapters. Seeing the other chapters getting further and further away from him, he shot out a web line at one and pulled it into his hand.