Chapter 760 - Extraordinary Beauty

"No thanks. Not interested." Nie Yan's expression turned cold. This asshole dared to say he wanted to buy Asskickers United? There was a limit to how boastful one could get!

Liu Tianshi chuckled. He wasn't too bothered by Nie Yan's reaction. "Don't worry. I'm a patient man. I can wait. It just won't be the same offer when you'll be begging to sell it to me." He turned to Qin Han. "Come on, let's go."

Nie Yan and Qin Han met eyes. Qin Han gave him a self-satisfied smile, then turned around and followed Liu Tianshi to leave.

The two disappeared behind a corner.

"Nie Yan, do you know what kind of background that guy has?" Xie Yao asked. She felt an uneasy feeling creep up on her from the way Liu Tianshi spoke.

"I don't." Nie Yan shook his head.

"Be careful. I don't think he's simple. Even Qin Han seems afraid of him."

"I understand. Come, let's head to class."

Recalling how agitated Nie Yan was just now, Xie Yao believed he had definitely met Liu Tianshi before today. But she also knew he'd keep his lips tightly sealed no matter how much she pursued the matter. He was the type who only reported the good and happy news, while sweeping the bad news under the carpet. If a problem occurred, he would keep it from his loved ones and deal with it by himself.

Nie Yan escorted Xie Yao to her school building.

"Alright, I'll see you later. Have fun in class." Nie Yan gazed at Xie Yao. She was the woman he pledged to protect with his life. No matter what happened, he wouldn't do anything that risked her wellbeing.

"Okay." Xie Yao nodded.

Nie Yan turned around and headed for the command faculty building.

Seeing Nie Yan's departing figure, Xie Yao took out her phone and called up Xie Jun.

Daddy~」Xie Yao sweetly said.

My lovely daughter, how is school? Is that little punk Nie Yan teasing you?

No, he treats me very well!」Xie Yao blushed. The word teasing had a very different meaning to her.「Daddy, can you help me investigate a student called Liu Tianshi? I want to know what kind of background he has.

What, did something happen?」Xie Jun knitted his brows, a slight trace of worry in his voice.

Xie Yao quickly explained her and Nie Yan's encounter with Liu Tianshi just now.

I see. He wants to acquire Asskickers United? He really is too big for his britches. Don't worry. He isn't a threat,」Xie Jun assured. Liu Tianshi probably wasn't aware of the situation. Not only World Bloc had an interest in Asskickers United, through Nie Yan's connection with it, but also the Dragonsoar Financial Group, Glory Financial Group, and numerous other large companies. With this kind of support, how could they be so easily acquired?

Hearing Xie Jun's words, Xie Yao could relax her heart a little. The two chatted for a while longer before ending the call.

Nie Yan headed directly for his classroom. Liu Tianshi left him feeling very uneasy. He called up Guo Huai and asked him to investigate Liu Tianshi's background. Afterwards, he rang up Tang Yao.

Yo, Nie Yan! That's rare, you calling me first. What's up?」Tang Yao chuckled.

Hearing Tang Yao's familiar voice, Nie Yan's nose soured as he was overwhelmed with emotions. He inwardly vowed to his heart, Brother, thank the heavens you're still alive. This time around, I won't let anything happen to you.