Chapter 637 - Dark Puppet Lord

All the materials Nie Yan brought back from the Ancient World without exception were extremely rare. If they were put up for sale, they would be expensive beyond compare. However, the quantity was far more than the market could digest. So, they could only be set aside for personal use.

Guo Huai did some inventory. The artisan skill books and materials Nie Yan provided could nurture numerous high rank artisans! This was an enormous boon for Asskickers United!

Nie Yan had brought back a treasure trove from the Ancient World. The value of these items was incalculable.

"Pass these things down to our most talented artisans. As for those specialized skill books, just leave them in the guild treasury. Anyone that's interested can take them," Nie Yan said. He completely emptied his bags in front of Guo Huai, save for the Life Cores which he had a special use for.

"Alright, no problem." Guo Huai nodded.

The value of artisans couldn't be underestimated. They were the fuel that kept the frontline going. One of the reasons Asskickers United was so powerful was that they had a large number of talented artisans supporting them. A number that only grew by the day. Since the Starry Night Potion Shop controlled 60% of the market in the entire Viridian Empire, raking in enormous profits every day, they could offer much better benefits than anyone else. Something that had more and more skilled Alchemists flocking to them. As a result, Asskickers United never lacked potions. The Starry Night Potion Shop could claim a large portion of the credit for Asskickers United's current success. Not just Alchemists, but also the Engineers, Tinkerers, Enchanters, Blacksmiths, and so on played important roles. With so many artisans, the skill books Nie Yan provided would definitely have a great effect.

Asskickers United was like his child. Nie Yan had employed all sorts of methods, including investing a large sum of gold, donating the loot he personally collected, and attracting experts from all over, to develop it to this point. In the future, nothing could stop its rise.

It was now time to collect his debts with interest, and Angel Corps, the Century Financial Group, and most recently the Monet Financial Group were all his targets!

"How many flying mounts do we have?" Nie Yan asked. Their aerial force couldn't be neglected.

"Ah, we've sort of been lagging behind in that department. At present, we only have about 30 or so flying mounts altogether. We used to have more, but we recently got into some clashes with Angels Corps in Griffon Woodlands and lost about half our flying mounts. Angel Corps have a major advantage in the air since they got a large head start on us. Plus, Soaring Angel is sparing no effort to develop his aerial forces. He often sends expedition teams 100,000 men strong to explore every nook and cranny of Griffon Woodlands. Our players have been surrounded many times. I estimate they have at least one or two hundred flying mounts on their side, possibly even more. Since the other guilds are also rapidly developing their strength in the skies, they probably have quite a few flying mounts as well," Guo Huai said. Flying mounts was the only area where Asskickers United was lacking. They had started late and didn't invest into it too heavily .

"Where's our elite team right now?" Nie Yan asked. It would be a serious problem if they didn't have enough flying mounts. Though their Armoured Ice Catapults didn't need to fear flying mounts, fending them off was a whole nother story. Since siege engines were fairly immobile and their ranges limited-while flying mounts had near limitless mobility-a skilled rider could wreak havoc across the battlefield with nothing barring their path.

"They're in Griffon Woodlands right now. They have around 5,000 players. The 60 or so among them who reached Level 100 all went to class advance. So, they're being led by Paladin of the Elegy right now," Guo Huai said. Asskickers United's harvests from exploring Griffon Woodlands were passable, average at best. This map couldn't be explored with only strength. Luck also played an important factor. On a bad day, you could end up with absolutely nothing for your efforts. On a good day, you could get your hands on a few flying mounts, which was already quite amazing. Asskickers United obtained most of their flying mounts by relying on Dispel Fog Scrolls.