Chapter 695 - Casualties

A Thief wasn't a Demon Hunter. Why was Nie Yan's ranged damage so powerful!?

Nie Yan had killed Divine Flame too quickly. Two bolts was all it took, both hitting in practically the same instant. The Priests had no time to react.

"Shit. The boss died! Everybody, don't let Nirvana Flame escape!"

The players from Divine Protectors surrounded Nie Yan, or at least his last known location, but they still couldn't catch him.

Nie Yan would only pop out for the briefest second when least expected, fire out a volley of bolts, then disappear back into stealth like some sort of phantom. Even if Nie Yan emerged in front of them, they wouldn't have the time to react.

"We can't stop him! Should we retreat?" Crazy Magic asked. If they continued lingering around here, they would only end up as target practice for Nie Yan.

"If we leave, we'll become laughingstocks. We'll be called spineless cowards!" Bloodlust Mad Blade refused.

"At least we'll have our lives!" Crazy Magic anxiously yelled. Just as he spoke out these words, five bolts flew toward the back of his head.

"Crazy!" Bloodlust Mad Blade yelled.

Crazy Magic hurriedly blinked away, evading the attack. Just as his feet touched the ground, another volley of bolts flew toward his back. Put put put! He was turned into swiss cheese as the bolts pierced right through him. Blood dripping from his mouth, he staggered unsteadily before collapsing on the ground.

Seeing Crazy Magic drop dead, Bloodlust Mad Blade couldn't help but curse. Right now only he and Heaven Breaker remained alive. They couldn't escape with Unknown Transfer Scrolls or Return Scrolls. Originally, the Spatial Lock Domain was meant to trap Nie Yan's group. Who would've thought they would end up falling victim to it instead!

"That makes two." Nie Yan chuckled while hidden in stealth. His gaze locked onto Bloodlust Mad Blade and Heaven Breaker. "You two are next!"

It didn't take long for news of Divine Flame's death to spread. The forums went into an uproar.

Nirvana Flame really killed Divine Flame? No way, right?

It's confirmed. The information came from my friends in Divine Protectors!

...

Shortly after, word of Crazy Magic's death spread too.

Players checked Nie Yan's post on the forums. The list had actually been updated, with Divine Flame and Crazy Magic's names crossed out. They'd been killed. Only the original poster could edit their own posts. Nie Yan even had the leisure to spend time on the forums! This made it seem like assassinating Divine Flame and Crazy Magic was a walk in the park. Sure enough, Shadow Dancers were something else.

Before long, more information came out. It turned out Divine Flame and Crazy Magic had been killed by Nie Yan's crossbow. No one knew what to think of this, it exceeded all of their expectations. They would never again underestimate the ranged power of a Thief!

The post just got updated again!

Several minutes later, following Divine Flame and Crazy Magic, Bloodlust Mad Blade, Heaven Breaker, and several other notable players of Divine Protectors had been crossed out from the list as well. Nie Yan was killing people at an astonishing pace. Over half the people on the list had been killed within 30 minutes.

The players on the forums sighed in admiration. Sure enough, Divine Protectors was no match for Asskickers United. Even with so many people, they couldn't do anything to Nirvana Flame.