Chapter 705 - Inspecting the New Territory!

Nie Yan gained almost full control over the entire potion market. No other power could shake his rule.

Because of the increase in the prices of potions, guilds like God Executioner Sword, Divine Protectors, and Angel Corps had no choice but to spend vast sums to purchase large quantities of potions from the Starry Night Potion Shop every day. They gritted their teeth with anger, but there was nothing they could do.

After several days, a chain reaction occurred. Seeing that Nie Yan was determined to monopolize the potion market, the other potion shops both large and small realized they had absolutely no way of competing with him. Many reluctantly chose to close down shop. Some switched over to other industries. Others decided to sell their shops.

Nie Yan with his several dozen million gold had undoubtedly secured his spot as the biggest player in the game. Even so-called moneybags like Angel Corps and the Century Financial Group couldn't compete. Most of the shops that closed down ended up falling in his hands.

An enormous commercial empire had already taken embryonic form.

Nie Yan checked the calendar. Nine days had already passed since he received the notification to meet with the Elder Council to accept his fiefdom. He only had one day left before the deadline. With abundant financial resources, he could start developing his territory.

After settling some guild affairs, Nie Yan checked the recent reports. Qin Han was still keeping his skeleton army on standby. There was no point for him to sit at the ready, waiting for the other party to attack. He could hurry back when the time called for it. Thinking to this point, he headed to the Elder Council in Calore.

The Elder Council. This place was still as imposing as ever. Players passing by outside the entrance kept their heads down low, not daring to stir up any trouble.

After entering the Elder Council, Nie Yan immediately noticed something off. Both Jebiah the Great and Elder Redwin weren't present. The person who received him was an NPC called Elder Manwell. His position in the Elder Council was fairly low. He looked middle-aged with a robust build and a firm gait.

Elder Manwell guided Nie Yan through a hall. He looked around in surprise. It was so quiet here. The guards from before were nowhere to be seen.

Nie Yan was filled with doubt. But after thinking for a bit, he decided he was better off not being a busybody. Every person in the Elder Council was a legendary NPC. They could easily kill him with a flick of a finger. Poking his nose around here, especially in places where it didn't belong, wasn't a wise idea. He obediently followed behind Elder Manwell. Even though his eyes would occasionally dart all over the place and he was acting a bit strange, nothing particularly noteworthy happened.

"Great Prophet, Jebiah the Great has already left the Viridian Empire for a long journey. Before leaving, he entrusted me with this task." Elder Manwell handed over three items to Nie Yan.

Nie Yan examined the items, a map, a deed, and a crystal shard.

"Elder Manwell, do you know where Jebiath the Great went?" Nie Yan asked.

"Sorry, I do not know about his whereabouts." Elder Manwell shook his head.

Seeing he wouldn't get an answer, Nie Yan could only give up. This situation was too strange. The Viridian Empire was practically overrun by undead. Yet the Elder Council showed no signs of movement, and Jebiah the Great was nowhere to be found.

Even though Nie Yan knew something was wrong, he didn't dare to investigate too deeply. The Elder Council was a sensitive place. If he did something he wasn't supposed to do, he would bring down a calamity not only on himself but also on all of Asskickers United.