Chapter 741 - Twin-Headed Ogre

After silencing Violet Night, Ronin turned back to face Nie Yan. He reached into his bag and pulled out an ashen, parchment scroll. The edges were heavily worn, and judging from the overall condition of the scroll, it was quite old.

Ronin spread out the scroll on a large stone, revealing a simple map.

Nie Yan narrowed his eyes. This was a treasure map!

The area represented on the map was the Orc King Mountain Range.

"We've been researching this map for over a month. We've basically confirmed all the important locations. Now we just need a skilled Thief," Ronin explained. If he didn't show Nie Yan this map, it would be impossible to complete their objective since several important stages of the quest could only be cleared by a Thief.

"Why pick me? Why not another skilled Thief you know and trust?" Nie Yan asked. After all, he was just a stranger to them.

"Call it a gut feeling. I can confidently say you're the strongest Thief I've ever come across," Ronin earnestly said. You didn't necessarily need to look at the stats or equipment to determine whether a Thief was strong. You could tell just by their actions and how they carried themselves.

Additionally, Ronin got a strange feeling from Nie Yan. It was almost as if he didn't exist.

Ronin was confident in his Awareness. But despite standing right in front of him, he couldn't sense Nie Yan's presence at all! Just how high of a Cloaking stat was required for this!?

To confirm his suspicions, Ronin had asked Suyo in a private whisper to use Enhance Perception. Even with her Awareness buffed to 600, she still easily lost track of Nie Yan. This was hard to fathom.

After Suyo reported her discoveries to Ronin, he became all the more convinced Nie Yan was someone extraordinary.

Real experts like Suyo and Ronin had keen insight, unlike Violet Night. It was no wonder those two didn't give him the time of day.

When Ronin spread out the map, he carefully observed Nie Yan's expression. Ordinary players' eyes would burn with greed after seeing a complete treasure map like this, but Nie Yan merely raised an eyebrow in interest. This reaction all but confirmed Ronin's guess.

"This treasure map is related to Paternoster's Warhammer, a Divine weapon. There are also three Legendary-grade weapons. The X is the treasure trove of the dark elves," Ronin hurriedly added. He hoped to pique Nie Yan's interest enough for him to lend them his services.

Nie Yan chuckled. "I'm only interested in Paternoster's Warhammer. If we get to the treasure trove, I want the hammer. You guys can split the rest among yourselves."

The group was at a loss for words. Nie Yan demanded the best item right off the bat. How greedy!

"Fuck you! Who do you think you are? Why the hell should we give you Paternoster's Warhammer!?" Violet Night cursed. He already didn't like Nie Yan very much in the first place. He was just a lowly human Thief, and his skills were a complete mystery. Now he was even making this kind of ridiculous demand!

"Why? Watch and see." Nie Yan's eyes flashed with killing intent. He suddenly vanished and in the next instant, he was right behind Violet Night with a dagger to his throat.

Violet Night didn't even get a chance to react. The sharp blade pressed against his throat told him that if Nie Yan wanted him dead, he would already be a cold corpse on the ground.

Nie Yan merely displayed a tiny fraction of his skill, but Ronin and Suyo felt waves of shock batter at their hearts. His movements were too quick, too precise. They hadn't seen anything, yet he suddenly stood behind Violet Night. They felt a cold sweat on the back of their necks. If he were to take action against them, no one in their party would survive.