Chapter 754 - Impasse

Soaring Angel repeatedly fired arrows from his bow toward the Demon Slaughterer. The other four Masters didn't stay idle either. Drifting waved his staff and bombarded it with magic.

Stone Splitter charged up to the Demon Slaughterer. He didn't attack it, only taking a defensive stance to hinder its movements.

Cruel Edge started planting down trap totems all over. Every step the Demon Slaughterer took, it would set off one of them. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! The explosions greatly hindered its movements despite not dealing much damage.

As for Sark, he'd disappeared completely. No one knew where he was, though likely somewhere in the vicinity while hidden in stealth.

"Wretched humans!" the Demon Slaughterer roared out in anger. It slashed down with its greatsword, sending a crescent-shaped sword beam flying towards Soaring Angel and Drifting.

BOOM! A large gash was carved out of the ground. In the instant the slash came down, Drifting teleported himself and Soaring Angel 60 meters away. They continued attacking the Demon Slaughterer with arrows and magic.

The Demon Slaughterer's movements were greatly obstructed by the buildings in the vicinity. It was also taking enormous damage from the relentless assault of the arrow towers and cannons.

What concentrated firepower! Cannon shells and arrows were flying everywhere, blotting out the sky.

The Demon Slaughterer's health fell to 70%. Seeing this scene, Nie Yan estimated it would be dead in about another half an hour.

If it were the wilderness, perhaps the Demon Slaughterer could display its full might. However, the Clemenci Stronghold was a military base constructed for players, not for six-meter tall giants. Its movements were greatly hindered while it had no room to defend against the onslaught of attacks. This heavily fortified stronghold turned out to be the bane of the Demon Slaughterer.

Soaring Angel successfully attracted the attention of the Demon Slaughterer in an attempt to minimize the damage being dealt to the surroundings as much as possible. His efforts were showing effect.

The Demon Slaughterer occasionally stopped to look around for traces of Soaring Angel. The many buildings in the surrounding prevented it from charging like it normally would in an open space. Meanwhile, Soaring Angel darted between the alleyways, shooting out a flurry of arrows whenever he came out in the open. The Demon Slaughterer had no way of keeping track of him. 

It was a game of cat and mouse. The Demon Slaughterer kept slashing out with its greatsword, but it failed to land a single hit on Soaring Angel.

Nie Yan was hidden close by. He quickly approached Soaring Angel. If he were to ambush Soaring Angel in this situation, it'd be an easy assassination.

Soaring Angel was oblivious to the approaching danger.

Just as Nie Yan was about to take action, the Demon Slaughterer appeared to sense something and looked over in his direction.

Ohhh shit... Nie Yan felt a chill run down his spine. The Demon Slaughterer had discovered him! It appeared he had really gotten ahead of himself this time. Even under this concentrated onslaught of attacks, the Demon Slaughterer was still able to lock onto him.

Gale Step!

Nie Yan's suddenly accelerated. His silhouette became a blur as he dashed into the maze of buildings. After familiarizing himself with the map layout of the Clemenci Stronghold, he knew the place like the back of his hands. So, he pathed through the areas where the buildings were most densely packed together.