Chapter 623 - 6-Hit Combo!

Over the course of a day, since Nie Yan was mostly harvesting plants, his Gathering skill advanced by leaps and bounds. It wouldn't be long before he reached Master rank.

Beyond Master was Grandmaster and then Sage. However, as long as one didn't encounter some kind of mythical medicinal plant which only existed in legends, Master-rank Gathering was generally good enough.

Nie Yan glanced at his bag which was packed to the brim with various medicinal plants. He had collected more than several dozen kinds and at least two full stacks of each. Red Dragon Herbs, Fire Serpentine Grass, Turtleback Root... they all had their different uses. Some were used for creating Antidotes, others for Fire Resistance Potions, all of which were high rank.

These medicinal plants would sell for a fortune in the marketplace.

Besides this, Nie Yan also acquired a large amount of skill books. He had close to a full stack of Gathering Master skill books and quite a few copies of skill books for other crafting and gathering professions.

One of the skill books in the pile caught Nie Yan's eye-Alchemy Master. The player would obtain twice the skill proficiency, and the potions they concocted had a high chance of coming out a higher rank. However, the caveat was that the potions they concocted only worked on themselves and would have no effect for others.

"Wow, that's pretty amazing..." Nie Yan muttered. This was his first time seeing an artisan skill book like this.

With the appearance of this Alchemy Master skill book, Nie Yan sank into deep thought.

As Nie Yan progressed along the Luminous Dancer class advancement quest line inside the Ancient World, he would have to face stronger and stronger monsters. So, being able to concoct high rank potions would be quite useful.

Nie Yan had once heard that a Thief with the Alchemy skill could talk to Master Alchemist Yvette to become a Poison Specialist. Their Alchemy skill would undergo some changes. For one, they would improve at a much faster rate, taking no time at all to reach Master or Grandmaster rank. However, the concoctions they made were restricted to only personal use. Nevertheless, it was a desirable title. Being capable of making high rank poisons on the fly could significantly improve one's combat effectiveness. In the same school of thought, Mages often learned Alchemy to craft their own Mana Potions.

Imagining all the possibilities, Nie Yan was tempted to learn the Alchemy Master skill right away.

"I can't deny that Alchemy is a pretty useful supplementary skill for levelling."

After thinking it over, Nie Yan learned the Alchemy Master skill.

From then on, apart from hunting monsters and gathering medicinal plants, Nie Yan also started working on his Alchemy skill.

Alchemy Master was a fairly special variant skill. It was super easy to train, with rank ups requiring less than a tenth of the proficiency of the regular Alchemy skill. By concocting just a few dozen basic potions, Nie Yan reached the Intermediate rank. A few hours later, and he was already 30% of the way to Advanced.

"Once I get Alchemy Master to Master rank, I can make all sorts of concoctions that will be really helpful to me in battle!"

The more Nie Yan learned, the more he realized how lacking his knowledge was, Shadow Dancers operated even more differently than he thought. It was a brand new world where combat prowess couldn't be judged on raw stats alone. Even supplementary skills like Alchemy were part of the equation.

Nie Yan never had any friends who reached this realm in his past life. So, he only had his shallow understanding and lack of knowledge to blame. The very concept of a Shadow Dancer was still hazy in his mind, and though he had mastered a few techniques, he was still lacking in other respects.