Chapter 640 - Towering Mountain

Nie Yan appeared from stealth in front of Fu Guangtao and the others with a cold smile on his face. He wanted to see what kind of expressions they would make after finding out he was Nirvana Flame.

Everyone's eyes fell on Nie Yan. His appearance couldn't be any more familiar to them.

He had a hand in almost every major event in the Viridian Empire. They had watched videos of his exploits more times than they cared to remember.

"Mad Rogue Nirvana Flame!"

"N-no way! It's really him!"

...

Fu Guangtao and the others gasped. Xu Yan's group was dumbstruck. They never expected Nirvana Flame to appear here of all places. What an unbelievable turn of events! But after thinking about it, apart from Nie Yan, which other Thief could slaughter so many people with such ease?

Nie Yan's expression back then and Nirvana Flame's appearance right now bore an uncanny resemblance to each other. He stared at Fu Guangtao like he was watching a clown, clear mockery in his eyes.

"Nirvana Flame... Nie Yan... N-no, it's impossible!" Fu Guangtao's face alternated between shades of violet and red. It was a marvelous sight. Not even in his wildest dreams could he have imagined that he would provoke the one person in the entire Viridian Empire no one should ever provoke. His heart swelled with indescribable bitterness.

"The Mad Rogue is Nie Yan..." Fu Guangtao muttered in despair.

"W-wait, what did you say?!"

The eyes of the players around him all widened in shock.

"Fu Guangtao... y-you're joking, right?" Zhao Shiyu asked in a trembling tone. She already suspected this after Nie Yan, or rather Nirvana Flame, materialized before them. But she didn't dare to confirm it.

"I'm not. He's the Nie Yan in our class."

Zhao Shiyu and the others' faces turned ashen.

A gust of wind howled by as a large shadow blotted out the sun. Looking up at the sky, a dragon was making a rapid descent toward the ground.

The Darkwing Dragon flapped its wings, kicking up small twisters as it alighted next to Nie Yan. A large, six-meter high frame covered in dark ashen scales, it resembled a frightening beast from antiquity. All in its presence would cower under its domineering aura.

When the Darkwing Dragon appeared, Fu Guangtao's group lost the will to fight. They gave up all hope and simply awaited Nie Yan's judgement.

Seeing the fear, dismay, and despair in their eyes, Nie Yan sneered. They were going to pay a heavy price for their own foolishness.

A deadly silence hung in the air. No one dared to even breathe loudly. Everyone felt immense pressure. The name of the Mad Rogue was an absolute deterrent. Add this to the huge Darkwing Dragon standing by his side, and not even the most arrogant of fools would dare to challenge his authority.

N-nie Yan is the Mad Rogue? He's Nirvana Flame?」Chu Chenghao turned to Xu Yan, fearing he had misheard. He nervously waited for a reply.

Xu Yan nodded.

Chu Chenghao's mouth opened and closed like a goldfish, not knowing what to say. He had a look of disbelief on his face. Never in his wildest dreams did he expect Nirvana Flame to be a fellow classmate. This news was too shocking.

Nie Yan really kept himself well-hidden. So, the equipment you three are wearing, it was gifted to you by him?」Chu Cheng asked.

Yeah,」Fei Zhe answered.