Chapter 635 - Shadow Dancer Medal

Nie Yan headed over to the Thief Association, his face hidden behind a cloak. He walked the streets of Calore, letting his gaze wander over his surroundings. Seeing players bustling about, discussing the latest gossip, haggling over prices at a stall-the usual sort of liveliness you would find in a large city-he felt a strong sense of familiarity and belonging. He was back home!

Even though Nie Yan had hidden his appearance behind a cloak, Kalenna hovering above his shoulder attracted the attention of many players. He felt a bit helpless. With her constantly by his side, it looked like staying low-key would no longer be possible.

Nie Yan discarded these unnecessary thoughts. Right now, he was the only Master Class player in the entirety of Conviction. In a few more weeks, a large number would emerge from Asskickers United, and from then on, they would stand at the very peak.

Nie Yan clenched his fists, his eyes burning with ambition. After Sun, King of the World, Xie Yao, and the others class advanced, he planned to set out on a campaign to conquer and unify the Viridian Empire! After that was the Satreen Empire!

The players on the street all gazed over in Nie Yan's direction and chatted with each other about Kalenna perched on top of his shoulder.

Nie Yan ignored their stares and entered the Thief association. The person at the reception was a 20-something-year-old NPC called Nia. Clad in leather Thief armour, she had a curvaceous figure with a girlish charm.

After raising her head and spotting Nie Yan, she had a dumbstruck look on her face. She snapped out of her daze and respectfully greeted him, "Sir Nirvana Flame, welcome to the Thief Association. Elder Fallon is looking for you. Please follow me."

"Aright." Nie Yan nodded. He didn't expect the Thief Association to already be looking for him. This saved him a lot of hassle.

Nie Yan followed Nia as she led him into a conference hall. In the center of the room was a large rectangular table surrounded by many chairs.

"We'll be entering your name into our records. You're the 67th Shadow Dancer of the Thief Association and the first among players. Elder Fallon will be here in a moment to give you your reward," Nia said. She took out a book and wrote down his name.

Nie Yan glossed over the contents of the book. Recorded in it were the names of all the Shadow Dancers throughout the Thief Association's history. Except for Nie Yan, they were all NPCs. His name was at the very bottom of the list.

"As a Shadow Dancer of the Thief Association, you'll have access to some special privileges. Besides this, your name will be announced to all the Thieves in the association..." Nia said. She handed over a silver white booklet containing various rules to Nie Yan. It was written in Modern Common.

Nie Yan skimmed over the book's contents. As a Shadow Dancer, the Thief Association didn't place many restrictions on him and only required him to follow some basic rules. For example, he had to lend his aid if the association was ever in danger of being destroyed. The pros far outweighed the cons. He would receive 3,000 gold every day, enjoy the best treatment in any of the branches of the Thief Association, and perhaps most importantly could hire mercenaries from the association. Among these mercenaries were even some Shadow Dancers. However, they were few and far between and not easily found. Most mercenaries were Great Thieves.

Nie Yan checked his notification bar. All Thieves had received a notification.

Nirvana Flame has become the first player to advance to a Shadow Dancer.

The notification was short and simple, but it had dropped a bomb on the entire player base. News of Nie Yan becoming a Shadow Dancer spread like wildfire, creating a huge uproar.