Chapter 624 - Advanced Devil Slayer

Nie Yan could feel himself improving in the Ancient World every day as he familiarized himself with this new style of combat. The more he comprehended, the greater his shock. He felt an even deeper sense of appreciation as well as awe for the people who created not just the world but also the various systems that operated seamlessly together in Conviction.

After figuring out the combo system, Nie Yan began practicing combo techniques on the Rank 2 monsters he hunted. He immediately saw a sharp increase in mobbing efficiency. Before long, he was already 56% of the way through Path of the Luminous Dancer 2. He estimated it would only take him two and half more days at most to finish the quest.

In the middle of grinding mobs, a notification jingle rang out. Nie Yan checked it. One of his titles had ranked up!

After killing so many demonic and undead monsters, Nie Yan's Devil Slayer title had finally risen from Intermediate to Advanced!

Advanced Devil Slayer increased Nie Yan's health by another 10%. The colour of the title changed from viridian to scarlet.

Scarlet represented a high ranking title. Advanced Devil Slayer was already on par with Grand Scholar.

"Hmm... it can still rank up," Nie Yan noted after seeing a progress bar below the title. He was eager to see what came after Advanced Devil Slayer. It would definitely be an extraordinary title.

Another day quickly flew by.

Come morning, Nie Yan and Xie Yao headed to school together.

In the command faculty classroom, Xu Yan, Xia Tianyu, and Fei Zhe were anxiously waiting for Nie Yan to arrive. They sat impatiently at their desks, their eyes on the door.

"Why isn't he here yet?"

When the three were starting to get worried, a figure finally walked into the classroom.

Nie Yan sat down on his seat, then turned to his three friends. "So, how do you guys like your new equipment?"

"It's absolutely amazing, way better than what we originally expected. Thank you, Nie Yan!" Fei Zhe said.

"I've never seen a Dark Gold set with such incredible stats in my life! I'm mowing through Level 90 monsters like it's nothing!" Xu Yan exclaimed, his face flushed red with excitement.

"Nie Yan, we want to know. Who are you in Conviction?" Xia Tianyu asked in an serious tone.

"Nirvana Flame...?" Xu Yan asked probingly, his eyes sparkling with expectation.[1]

"Well, even if you guys have guessed it by now, I hope you'll keep it a secret. It'll save me a lot of unnecessary headaches." Nie Yan wryly smiled.

"Our lips are sealed." Fei Zhe nodded.

Xu Yan and Xia Tianyu glanced at each other before nodding as well. "Don't worry. We won't tell a soul. Your secret is safe with us."

Xu Yan, Xia Tianyu, and Fei Zhe had already guessed Nie Yan was Nirvana Flame. However, they had zero plans of revealing this to anyone. Simply knowing was good enough. Out of the three of them, Xu Yan was the most excited. The person he revered the most inside Conviction was Nirvana Flame. Never in his wildest dreams could he have imagined that the deskmate he'd been chatting with for the past few weeks would be that very person in the flesh! How could he not be thrilled?

"Hey, Nie Yan. I've been thinking of leaving God Executioner Sword for a while now. I don't really feel like I belong, and I never get brought along on any dungeon runs. Can I join Asskickers United? I think it should be pretty easy for me to pass the entrance test. I fulfill all the requirements," Xia Tianyu said. As long as Nie Yan permitted, entering Asskickers United would be no issue.