Chapter 627 - Ice Wraith

Nie Yan waited in ambush behind some shrubbery. Watching the Ice Wraith pass close by him, he pounced forward, his dagger flashing with a sharp light.

As the attack was about to land, the Ice Wraith suddenly vanished into thin air.

Nie Yan's pupils constricted. His dagger struck air as the Ice Wraith appeared beside him. Its previously lifeless eyes flared with a sinister red glow.

"Aaeeiigh!" The Ice Wraith spewed out an icy mist from its mouth.

The mist encased everything it touched in a thick layer of ice as the temperature in the immediate vicinity plummeted far below freezing.

Without the slightest delay, Nie Yan leaped several meters back.

The Ice Wraith vanished again, this time reemerging behind him, then assailed him with a wave of bone-chilling frost.

The Ice Wraith's combat style was different from that of all other monsters he had encountered so far. Its movements were unpredictable. It attacked and evaded with incredible speed. But far more terrifying was that monsters like this had a frightening passive, and that was they were immune to being stunned.

The Ice Wraith was even more tricky to deal with than expected. Nie Yan didn't dare to dally.

Nie Yan continuously adjusted his techniques while dodging. He gradually became faster and faster until he could just barely keep up with the Ice Wraith's tempo.

After dodging the Ice Wraith's lunge, Nie Yan discovered its back was facing towards him. His expression turned fierce, and he shot forward like an arrow.

Nie Yan exploded forth with incredible speed. He was much faster than he had ever been before. With all his power focused in one leg, he kneed the Ice Wraith in the back.

BANG! The Ice Wraith staggered several steps forward.

Nie Yan would never pass up on such a good opportunity to attack. He pounced forth, closing the gap in an instant, and ruthlessly elbowed the Ice Wraith in the back. Pivoting to the side, he plunged Zennarde's Sword into its spine with Backbreaker.

Without pulling out, Nie Yan firmly gripped the handle and wrenched the blade through its torso.

Lacerate!

The Ice Wraith let out a shrill cry.

Nie Yan stabbed forth once more, only for the Ice Wraith to suddenly disappear. His attack missed.

Nie Yan checked his notifications. He had completed a 3-hit combo just now and dealt 50,000 damage. "It seems this Ice Wraith isn't impossible to deal with after a-"

An icy gust of wind assailed him from behind, cutting Nie Yan's thoughts short.

Gale Step!

A wave of frost swept forth, encasing everything in ice, even many of the Jade Gold Orchids. Thankfully, Nie Yan was quick on his feet, or else he would've been turned into a human popsicle.

Fortunately, Jade Gold Orchids grew in abundance here, or Nie Yan would be feeling like he was bleeding from his heart right now.

As the two silhouettes exchanged moves at high speed in the meadow, Nie Yan started incorporating more and more real world fighting moves into his skills. He was shocked to discover their high compatibility. His attack speed was slower than that of the Ice Wraith. So, he could only rely on technique to get the upper hand.

It was a long and drawn out battle, though unlike any Nie Yan had been in before. He wasn't monotonously kiting the monster with skills. His movements were like flowing water, unaffected by any skill restrictions and allowing for a greater range of motion.