Chapter 678 - Mo Yuntian's Request

Nie Yan pushed the door open. The conference room wasn't that large. There was a long, rectangular table at the center with a dozen people seated around it. The lighting was dim, but he could still make out everyone's faces. His gaze landed on Lei Su. He had watched videos of Lei Su's bouts in international competitions before. So, he recognized him immediately. As for the others, he didn't know any of them.

Nie Yan gazed over at the front of the room. Sitting at the head of the table was a middle-aged man with a dignified expression. He wore an ashen coloured blazer.

Nie Yan could feel a domineering pressure coming from him, one that came from having stood in a high position for a long time. He had an austere air about him. A trace of doubt flashed in Nie Yan's mind. Could he be part of the military?

After spending so much time with his father, Nie Yan was quite familiar with the disposition of a soldier. His judgement was most likely correct.

The middle-aged man seemed to hold the highest authority in this room. Seated to his left and right were several other men in their later years. They were all likely heavyweights in the Top Military Academy.

Nie Yan and the middle-aged man met eyes. The two nodded at each other.

The middle-aged man opened his mouth, "Why don't you take a seat first? Sit next to Lei Su. I'll start with the introductions. I'm Mo Yuntian, a member of Heavenly Kings." He pointed at a youth to his far right. "He's the current president of the club, Xiao Yu. He'll take it from here."

Nie Yan walked over to the empty seat next to Lei Su and unhurriedly sat down. He swept his gaze over everyone in the room.

Xiao Yu smiled at Nie Yan. "I'll be giving you a run-down on the history of Heavenly Kings as well as its rules. If you're willing to join, we can begin right away."

"I'm willing." Nie Yan nodded solemnly. Numerous people dreamed of joining Heavenly Kings but would never get the chance in their lifetime. He naturally wouldn't let this opportunity slip by. As his knowledge of the club grew deeper, he understood him joining would be a huge boon to World Bloc.

Xiao Yu nodded and started explaining the club's history as well as introducing its current members. The more Nie Yan listened, the more his shock grew. The people here included high-level officials, high-rank military officers, and bigshots in the business world. Their power was astonishing. They could call the winds and summon the rains. Though the club only had 26 people, their influence wasn't limited to their current members. Some former members had to withdraw from the club due to various circumstances but still continued to watch over it. On top of this, they also had powerful external contacts. If they wanted to, they could even influence the political sphere of the entire nation.

"Back in the day, your father and I shared a bit of friendship. But he was discharged later on." Mo Yuntian smiled.

"Yes, my father's mentioned you before," Nie Yan hurriedly replied. A thought crossed his mind. Since his father and Mo Yuntian had that connection, perhaps the reason he could join Heavenly Kings was related to his father calling in a few favours. His father was in a fairly prominent position. He had helped the nation secure a large quantity of polonium and other strategic resources. If one didn't have backing, how could they dare to run this kind of operation? He had an inkling of what was going on. Once politics were involved, everything became complicated. Him joining Heavenly Kings represented the merging of two powers.

As for why Nie Yan was selected over everyone else, Heavenly Kings had likely considered many factors.

After being introduced to all the members, Nie Yan hurriedly greeted each of them. He didn't dare to be impetuous. At present, he occupied the lowest position, and he wielded no authority so to speak. Every person here represented a major power. By making connections with them, it would be that much easier to do business later on.