Chapter 639 - Dancer of the Shadows

After gathering 16 classmates from the command faculty, Xu Yan had filled the last four spots in their team with friends of his in Asskickers United. They had already ran through several dungeons together, which all went smoothly. Everyone's gear rapidly improved. Furthermore, thanks to Xu Yan's influence and their own skill, several classmates had joined Asskickers United.

Xu Yan, Fei Zhe, and Xia Tianyu's popularity in the command faculty had risen accordingly. As for Zhao Shiyu, Fu Guangtao, Bai Jun, and the rest of their clique, they found themselves isolated off in a corner. They naturally were resentful, and the conflicts between both sides quickly escalated.

"Should we run Skeleton Mines in Netherworld Marsh?" Chu Chenghao suggested to Xu Yan. In the past, he would've never imagined himself running a Level 90 dungeon like Skeleton Mines. But now he was suggesting exactly that.

Over the past couple of months, the equipment of their team had undergone a heavenshaking change.

"We'll run Skeleton Mines tomorrow!" Xu Yan said after thinking for a bit.

Like usual, the team prepared for their daily dungeon runs in Calore before setting out towards the north. Along the way, they passed by both solo players and small parties grinding mobs. As they passed through a forest, they noticed more and more players congregating towards them. There had to be at least a hundred!

Xu Yan immediately sensed something off.

"Everyone, let's retreat."

"It's Fu Guangtao and those bastards!"

At this time, they spotted Zhao Shiyu, Fu Guangtao, and Bai Jun leading 100 players into surrounding them.

"Hah, let's see where you punks can run off too now! You guys are completely surrounded. If I don't kill you today, I won't feel satisfied, especially you three, Xu Yan, Xia Tianyu, and Fei Zhe! Don't think I can't do anything to you just because you found a rich backer!" Fu Guangtao chuckled sinisterly. After eyeing Xu Yan's group for so long, they had finally found an opportunity.

Zhao Shiyu crossed her arms with a contemptuous look on her face. "What are we wasting our time talking with them for? Hurry up and kill them. We still have dungeons to run."

"The equipment on those three is pretty good. After we kill them, let's divide it up between ourselves."

Xu Yan, Xia Tianyu, and Fei Zhe glanced at each other. The situation wasn't looking good for them. Fu Guangtao and the others had too many people on their side. They would be dogpiled to death.

"Everyone, follow me! We're slaughtering our way out!" Xu Yan shouted. Leading a team was something you gradually got better at with experience. After commanding Chu Chenghao and the others around for the past two months, he finally had the air of a team captain about him.

Charge!

Xu Yan barreled toward the thinnest point of the enemy's encirclement.

From behind, Xia Tianyu and Fei Zhe supported him with their firepower.

"W-what!? Stop them!" Fu Guangtao shouted in a fluster. He didn't expect Xu Yan to take the initiative and attack them first.

The players under Fu Guangtao's command immediately closed in on Xu Yan's team. Magic whizzed over the battlefield as the sound of combat filled the air. Though Xu Yan's team was heavily outnumbered, they didn't give up so easily. Killing three at the cost of five, they broke through the encirclement and escaped toward the south.

"Don't let them get away!" Zhao Shiyu's shrill voice cried out.

...

As Nie Yan sped through the air on his Darkwing Dragon, he looked down and saw a large scuffle occuring at the edge of a forest below. Spells were flying left and right and exploding everywhere, illuminating the sky with dazzling lights.