Chapter 659 - The First Magister!

Jebiah the Great was a wizened old man with a hale and hearty complexion. Donned in silver-white robes, he appeared all the more dignified. He was, as were the other six elders, in their late 60s and early 70s.

Nie Yan's gaze fell on an elder with a hook-shaped nose and sharp, hawk-like eyes. This shifty looking fellow was precisely Elder Redman, who was widely known among players in the previous timeline albeit not for anything good.

Karsi placed his hand over his chest and bowed. "I pay my respects, Jebiah the Great."

"Karsi." Jebiah the Great nodded with a faint smile. "What brings you here, my old friend?"

"I've come here bearing bad news. Necromancer Vorderman has revived again. He already started raising his undead army in the east of Hiderlocke. If we don't stop him now, a disaster will befall our entire empire."

Karsi turned to Nie Yan and had him report his findings.

After listening to Nie Yan's words, Jebiah the Great sank into deep thought.

Nie Yan gazed at this legendary figure in front of him. Jebiah the Great rarely ever revealed himself to the public eye. Even when Vorderman's undead army threatened to engulf the Viridian and Satreen Empires in the previous timeline, he never made an appearance. However, at that time, there was never a need for him to take action. The temple's Paladin Legion and several legendary NPCs were enough to control the situation.

Nie Yan started contemplating. Qin Han was basically digging his own grave. The Vengeance of the Undead was only a small expansion. Even if it propelled him to the forefront for a short period of time, it would be impossible for him to destroy the Viridian and Satreen Empires. Just what was he scheming? If he were in Qin Han's shoes, he would preserve his own strength. Then in a kamikaze style attack, he would lead the skeleton army into wiping out Asskickers United. Neither side would come out the victor, as both sides would've lost everything. Like this, even if he deleted his account and restarted from scratch, it would be worth it.

If this really was Qin Han's plan, that was all the more reason Nie Yan couldn't allow him to succeed.

"I sensed a powerful darkness energy to the east of Hilderlocke when I was making a prophecy. That's why I went over there to investigate," Nie Yan said, taking the opportunity to mention his Great Prophecy skill.

"Prophecy?" Jebiah the Great finally took notice of Nie Yan's Grand Scholar title.

"You said you discovered Necromancer Vorderman in Hilderlocke. Do you have any evidence to back up your claims?" Elder Redwin asked. He was trying to cast doubt on Nie Yan.

This hateful old coot! Nie Yan cursed Elder Redwin in his heart. However, his expression didn't change. He took out the evidence he collected in the Brocchi Stronghold, including the necklace. These items all radiated a powerful dark energy.

"These items indeed link to Necromancer Vorderman, but they don't prove anything. You can just as well be spouting nonsense for a moment of fame," Elder Redwin said. He clearly had it out for Nie Yan since the moment he showed up outside the Elder Council.

Nie Yan knitted his brows. There were many unlikeable NPCs in Conviction. However, Elder Redwin definitely stood at the top!

If Nie Yan's status were high enough, he could completely disregard these hateful NPCs.

Everyone stared at Jebiah the Great, awaiting his decision.

Jebiah the Great pondered for a moment, then said, "Nirvana Flame, thank you for bringing this information to our attention. You should go back first. We'll look over the matter, and only then make a decision."