Chapter 654 - Breaking the Third Seal!

Nie Yan arrived at the outskirts of the Brocchi Stronghold. Sure enough, the skeletons weren't attacking the players of God Executioner Sword.

In fact, he spotted groups of skeletons patrolling the walls of the Brocchi Stronghold!

An expedition team numbering around 600 players arrived some distance away from Nie Yan and set up base. They were here to investigate the origin of the skeletons, a path of bones in their wake.

They quickly realized the mistake they'd made. While they were still setting up camp, more and more skeletons swarmed them from all around.

These skeletons were actually fairly organized. They knew how to encircle a target and strike fast and hard.

The players held out for about 10 minutes before eventually being swallowed up by the endless sea of skeletons. A black miasma corroded their corpses, melting away their skin, flesh, and muscles and leaving behind only white bones. They all transformed into skeletons and crawled back up to their feet.

The skeleton army grew ever larger.

Seeing these events unfolding from the safety of stealth, Nie Yan's heart was filled with fear. This was precisely how these skeletons multiplied so quickly in the previous timeline. The Vengeance of the Undead event back then had engulfed the entire continent and forever changed the layout of the Viridian and Satreen Empires. The power balance was completely reshuffled.

If God Executioner Sword really was behind the resurrection of Necromancer Vorderman, Nie Yan had no choice but to be careful. He definitely had to put a stop to this disaster before it spun out of control.

Nie Yan wasn't afraid of ordinary players. Someone capable of rivalling him in the game hadn't emerged yet. However, Necromancer Vorderman was a different story. He had no way of gauging the strength of this legendary NPC.

Nie Yan thought of Karsi. If he could rescue those imprisoned Paladins, Karsi would become his servant. One legendary NPC versus the other, while he could sit to the side unafraid.

However, that simply wasn't feasible for the time being. Recruiting an NPC like Karsi wasn't something that could be rushed.

Thinking back to the events of the previous timeline, these undead would require at least 10 days to pose a serious threat to the continent, possible even up to two months if they were slow. Back then, after reviving Necromancer Vorderman, the fallen player immediately began slaughtering villages and crazily expanding his power. However, this unstable foundation ultimately led to his downfall at the hands of the players and the temple's Paladin Legion. In stark contrast, God Executioner Sword exercised much more restraint, slowly building up their army in the Brocchi Stronghold.

Nie Yan sent word to Guo Huai to send the Hundred Thieves over. Their mission was to closely monitor the movements around the Brocchi Stronghold. If anything unusual happened, Asskickers United would immediately take action. In addition, if his conjecture was correct and this was the start of the Vengeance of the Undead event, their allies Battle Crazed Alliance would be the first target. It was pivotal to fortify the defenses of their strongholds too.

The horde of skeletons finished off the last of the expedition team at this time. They returned to an idle roaming state.

A group of five skeletons were making their way in his direction. Nie Yan halted his steps. These skeletons were clearly stronger than the child one he dealt with previously.

"If I take out some of these skeletons, I can slow down the rate at which the undead are multiplying..."

Thinking to this point, Nie Yan had a plan. He chanted out an incantation and summoned Lil' Gold. With his Golden Dragon's attack power and defense, dealing with these skeletons would be a piece of cake.