Chapter 643 - Arrogant

Nie Yan's eyes swept over the fleeing flying mounts before locking onto the Void Ray, who was the highest rank out of all of them.

"Want to run? Not so easy!" Nie Yan spurred his Darkwing Dragon into pursuit.

The Darkwing Dragon was much faster than the Void Ray. The distance between them rapidly closed as 500 meters shortened to 300.

Noticing the Darkwing Dragon on his tail, Hunting Fox's face paled in fright. He had no qualms about sacrificing the flying mounts of others. But his Void Ray was the whole reason his position in Angel Corps was so high. So, even if he knew he had no hope of escape, he wouldn't helplessly wait for death.

At Hunting Fox's command, the Void Ray sprayed out a cloud of black mist, enshrouding himself in a field of darkness that extended 50 meters in all directions.

Just as the Darkwing Dragon was about to plummet into the black mist, Nie Yan hurriedly had it ascend, whereupon he spotted the Void Ray fleeing north. Taking a detour around the black mist, the Darkwing Dragon shot forward and rapidly closed in on the Void Ray.

The black mist had successfully bought him some time. However, Hunting Fox didn't expect Nie Yan to catch back up so soon.

300 meters, 200 meters, 100 meters... the gap was quickly closing.

Nie Yan was determined to hunt down the Void Ray.

The Darkwing Dragon was too powerful. Hunting Fox had nowhere to escape.

Hunting Fox was on the brink of despair.

Seeing that Hunting Fox was on his last leg, Nie Yan's expression didn't change. When facing an enemy, he rarely allowed his emotions get the best of him, remaining as prudent as ever. As the saying goes, Caution can guide a ship for 10,000 years. Overconfidence often led to downfall.

As the Darkwing Dragon dived down with its claws outstretched, the Void Ray suddenly vanished into thin air and reappeared more than 100 meters away, dodging the attack. "Void Blink..." Nie Yan furrowed his brows. He didn't expect the Void Ray to have this kind of special escape ability.

However, the Void Ray was only delaying the inevitable. It still couldn't escape!

Nie Yan had the Darkwing Dragon ascend, then shoot forward in pursuit of the Void Ray. He was preparing to dive down for another attack.

Just as Hunting Fox was about to give up all hope, at least a hundred black dots appeared in the horizon. A trace of hope lit up in his heart. The reinforcements from Angel Corps were here!

Hunting Fox hurriedly had his Void Ray flee toward them.

Angel Corps' reinforcements were rapidly approaching.

Nie Yan also noticed their arrival. There were more than 100 of them altogether. The reinforcements from Angel Corps! The reason he could decimate Hunting Fox's 26-man team before was partially luck. His frightening attack power was enough of a deterrent, causing every single one of them to hesitate. That was why he could pick off eight of their flying mounts so easily and force the rest into retreat. If all 26 of them had ganged up on him without any care for their own safety, the Darkwing Dragon likely wouldn't have held out for long, to say nothing of a similar situation with 100 flying mounts!

Hunting Fox breathed a sigh of relief. Finally, safety was here. He glanced behind him with a mocking smirk, resisting the urge to shout, Aren't you supposed to be so amazing, Nirvana Flame?! Then why aren't you still chasing me?

However, his expression immediately froze. To his shock and dismay, Nie Yan wasn't retreating but rather closing in even faster than a moment ago!

"Dammit! You're dead!" Hunting Fox bellowed. He spurred his Void Ray to fly even faster toward the reinforcements. There was only 2,000 meters between them. They would reach each other in 30 seconds at most. Soaring Angel was leading the reinforcements, having gathered all the powerful flying mounts in Angel Corps. Once Nie Yan was surrounded, he was dead for sure!