Chapter 646 - A Huge Stir

Nie Yan had long since anticipated Fu Guangtao would lower his head. Few people would be willing to stick it out until the very end in the face of absolute strength.

Fu Guangtao had two paths ahead of him. The first was to continue butting heads with Nie Yan. There was only one possible conclusion to this path; he would be PKed back to Level 0 until he ultimately deleted his Conviction account. This was something he couldn't bear. Close to half-a-year's worth of blood, sweat, and tears would go down the drain. The second path was to plead for Nie Yan's forgiveness. But from then on, he could never raise his head in front of his fellow students again.

Even though Fu Guangtao was still internally quite conflicted, he still decided to lower his head to Nie Yan. This was his only option.

"Fu Guangtao, weren't you always so arrogant? When did you become so meek?" Xu Yan sneered.

Xu Yan's words cut like a sharp blade. Fu Guangtao clenched his fists. He was deeply reluctant, but he could only submit. He turned back to Nie Yan, who still hadn't given a response.

Xia Tianyu and Fei Zhe were about to say something as well. They also loathed Fu Guangtao and wanted to get a few jabs in too.

Nie Yan raised his hand, signalling Xia Tianyu and Fei Zhe to back down. He glanced at Fu Guangtao and said in an insipid tone, "If it happens again, you know the consequences."

"Thank you..." Fu Guangtao suddenly felt a huge weight lifted off his shoulders. Shooting a grateful look at Nie Yan, he made a deep bow, then quietly trudged away. He really didn't have the face to stay any longer.

After Fu Guangtao apologized to Nie Yan, Zhao Shiyu and Bai Jun couldn't hold back any longer either. They also went up to plead for his forgivenesses. From now on, these people would never dare to stir trouble with him again.

When Zhao Shiyu and the others left, Nie Yan withdrew his gaze. He pulled open his monitor and started browsing the web, the Top Military Academy's forums, and so on.

The drama in the command faculty had finally come to an end. Nie Yan lazily stretched his limbs. He could finally get some peace and quiet.

The sunlight shining through the window gave him a warm feeling. He let out a yawn, on the verge of falling asleep.

"Bo- er, I mean Nie Yan, quickly look at the forums!" Xu Yan quickly corrected himself after Nie Yan shot him a glare.

"What's up?" Nie Yan asked.

"The school's social board, you're famous!" Xu Yan exclaimed.

"What!? War God Lei Su challenges the command faculty's Nie Yan. Why is he challenging you all of a sudden?" Fei Zhe cried out in shock.

Xia Tianyu turned to Nie Yan and asked, "Do you know him?"

Nie Yan shook his head. This was out of left field for him too. He had heard a few things about War God Lei Su before. Lei Su was some kind of fighting champion and widely recognized as the strongest student in the Top Military Academy. He was undoubtedly an influential figure. However, why would a person like that suddenly challenge him? This was too strange. He was only a first-year student and kept to himself. By all rights, no one outside the command faculty should even know his name. The only exception, of course, was his love-dovey behaviour with Xie Yao.

"A love rival?" Xu Yan's eyes lit up. This was certainly a possibility. After all, Xie Yao was undoubtedly a top beauty among the first years. Meanwhile, War God Lei Su was a famous playboy. Perhaps he had set his eyes on her.

"Yeah, that might be it," Fei Zhe agreed.

"Stop making random guesses. We don't even know if this is really him," Nie Yan said. He still maintained a cool-head in this situation. Coming up with wild theories before getting the facts straight was definitely a foolish action.