2. Because of a promise

Previously...

Zidian wrapped around him in a protective manner and I closed my eyes, I already lost him once and I am not ready to lose him again.

Jiang Cheng POV

Suddenly I felt myself being turned around and when I realize that Wei wuxian is the one who is going to get hit, I opened my eyes only to see him spitting blood. He pushed me away and somehow Zidian lost its grip on him and turned back into a ring.

The shards on Wei wuxian's upper back turned blue and started to absorb his energy, I immediately unleashed zidian and removed the shards. Unfortunately, some of the toxins entered into his body and he started to turn pale.

Third person POV

Jiang cheng ripped Wei wuxian's clothes on his back and to his surprise the wound already healed itself and the healed wound appeared very blue. He understood that it was the toxins effect and immediately took his sword and stabbed the blue area.

Black substance gushed out and jiang cheng started to give spiritual energy even if Wei wuxian does not have a golden core. He might not know much about treating the injured, but he had seen his disciples give injured commoners spiritual energy to heal faster.

After a while, the black substance turned into red blood, and he sighed in relief. He now did not know how to take his sword out. If he took his sword out, more amount of blood would be lost. But if he did not take his sword out, the open area might get infected. In his confused state he suddenly got an idea. He might not be a talisman master, but he knows how to make a healing talisman.

He thought Wei wuxian would carry some empty paper, so he started to search into his pockets and his robes. He found a lot of used talismans and a few emergency signals of the Gusu Lan sect.

Thanking his luck, he immediately used three of them and waited for their arrival. As he was waiting, Wei wuxian started to move his head a little and his breathing quickened. Jiang cheng who was startled, checked his pulse and tried to talk to him.

"WeI wuxIAN! open your eyes! If you dare die in my arms, I'll cut your legs and feed it to the dogs."

"Stop! don't come near me, Lan zhan take the dogs away, I'm scared of them!" Wei wuxian started to cry and shiver, clutching onto Jiang cheng's clothes tightly.

"I'll send the dogs away, wake up, open your eyes." Jiang cheng's hands were on wei wuxian's face, caressing them gently.

"Lan zhan, it hurts a lot." Jiang cheng did not know what to do. He couldn't do much as he gave too much energy to Wei wuxian that he could not even lift his sword. His hands were losing its strength from holding Wei wuxian up and had long gone numb.

Wei wuxian finally opened his eyes and was surprised to find Jiang cheng holding him with an expression he had only seen once in his entire lifetime. It was the same expression he had when he lost his parents.

Wei wuxian lifted his arm to touch his (Jiang cheng's) face, just to make sure it wasn't an illusion. He chuckled lightly catching Jiang cheng's attention.

"Can you move? does it hurt a lot? maybe I should send more signals."

"Chengcheng, I'm fine. But why is there a sword on my back, how long was I out?"

Jiang cheng's ring started to flicker as he remembered why Wei wuxian was hurt. He gritted his teeth before he shouted, "You f**king idiot, are you trying to kill yourself. You don't even have a golden core, who is going to heal you?"

"I promised Madam Yu, as long as I live, I will not let you get hurt." Just then Wei wuxian realized that he was draining Jiang cheng's energy when he felt a sudden flow of energy. He immediately pushed Jiang cheng with his leftover strength making Jiang cheng even angrier.

"Wei wuxian, I'll break your fucking legs!" Jiang cheng tried to give more energy to Wei wuxian, trying to get a grip of him. Right when a blue light pushed him back. If he was in his usual state, he would be fine, but right now, with almost zero energy, he fell back hard. He was about to spit blood, but he held it in.

Jiang Cheng POV

Finally, they are here. Took them long enough. As I stood up (with muc- little difficulty) I finally felt like I could die in peace. Jinling and those three brats stood next to that stone face, looking at me with...fear? Are they that scared of blood. I should train Jinling more. As a sect leader, blood should be the last thing he fears.

I walked towards them (definitely did not limp.) "Jinling! Where the fuc- "

"Jiujiu, how could you be so cruel?"

I was very much taken back, trying to reprocess everything I just heard. Jinling looked at me with disgust and tears in his eyes. As confused as I was, I tried to ask him, but the stone face bet me to it.

"Sect leader Jiang! I already warned you before, if you hurt Wei ying again I will not hold back."

"What are you talking about?"

Lan wangji, "What did he do to make you stab him? If he did not send the emergency signals, would you have killed him?"

Jiang cheng, "You got it all wron-" before I could finish Jinling interrupted me.

"Jiujiu, you are the worst person I have ever seen... I know you are always rude and aggressive, but I thought you had some good in you. I guess I was very wrong, I don't think I will be able to look at you ever again. You can go to the festival by yourself."

I placed my hand on jinling's shoulder, hoping he would hear me out, "Jinling, can't you trust your uncle at least a littl-" my hand was pushed away forcefully making me stagger lightly.

"Do not touch me with your filthy hands. Now if you'll excuse me, Sect Leader Jiang." Jinling sighed, bowing slightly and turned around, comforting Wei wuxian's adopted son who was crying holding Wei wuxian's hands.

Why do I feel so wronged right now?

They flew back to Gusu, but not before a Lan disciple gave me my sword back.

And I was just starring into nothing. I turned around and took some of the yellow shards.

Third Person POV

Jiang cheng started walking towards Yunmeng with a slightly torn outer robe covered with black blood. Must be from the fighting.

Meanwhile, In Gusu, Wei wuxian was unable to open his eyes or even respond due to the stop of energy.

Though gossiping is forbidden in the Lan clan, with the absence of sect leader Lan, rumors were filling the air. If the grandmaster or the great Hanguangjun were present, they would have stopped it. But they were both in the Jingshi, hoping Wei wuxian would wake up.

Jinling was with Lan Sizhui , comforting him and questioning his entire life. He always thought no matter how rude his uncle might be, he was always rational and meant no harm.

But now he understood that his uncle is the worst person ever.