95. Idea

Previously...

He could only imagine how that pesky Lan would bully his Nephew without him. He looked at Wei wuxian, all fired up.

Jiang cheng, "Absolutely."

Third Person POV

And thus Jiang cheng strode with Jinling on one side and the first Jade on the otherside with the little lans.

"Aiya Sizhui look here! Should we take a parcel back to our room?"

"Jingyi, spices are not allowed, it's against the rules."

"Tsk, it's a festival, who cares about rules?"

"Still..."

Jinling peeped past two people as he watched his friends talk and laugh. A small frown fell on his face but unfortunately he did not see the smack that fell on his head. He made a whiny noise and looked at his uncle with pleading eyes, but the cold lotus did not bother.

Jinling would get a smack everytime he turned to the Lans and Jinling eventually stopped hoping and started sulking.

"Sect leader Jiang, why not let the kids enjoy, they are friends afterall."

"Friends my ass!" He said as he started ignoring the Jade as well.

The sky was like the icy blue robes of the Lans, decorated to the minimum but looks much more elegant than any.

The group stopped near a hair accessories store as Jinling looked at a hairpin with a delicate smile on his face, his eyes were warm and his cheeks were as pink as his lips. Jiang cheng at once knew the receiver of his gift but he couldn't stop him when the Lan's firm hand held his.

"Young mistress Jin, are you going to wear that for your husband?" Jingyi joked, being the only person who laughed.

Jinling immediately glared at him but quieted down on looking at Sizhui who looked ready to eat him.

He turned to his uncle only to see him look at a hairpin too.

"Uncle, do you really not have a secret lover?" He asked. No one heard an answer and they continued on failing to hear his reply, "Not yet."

They started to walk around again but this time, Jinling joined his friends and the small group took off on their own with Jinling ignoring each and every word his uncle shoved at him.

Jiang cheng sighed, truly concerned about the boy's genetics. Where did his sister go??

He really wanted to follow the little Jin but seeing the Lan he stopped in his tracks, making a decision. Perhaps it's about time he work on his relationships.

Jiang cheng was deep in thought as they stood in the middle of the street. There was silence between them even though the streets were bustling loud.

Lan xichen was in an even worse condition. He stood next to his crush who openly rejected him, not even bothered a little bit. A this point he felt like he might have crossed much farther from the line which did not give him a choice of return.

"... ahem-"

"Aiya, Jiang cheng! Over here." Shouted Wei wuxian making the two turn to him. Jiang cheng was kind of relived but he also felt another headaching coming.

Wei wuxian did not spare a second, he grabbed his hand and pulled him around as they mixed in with the crowd.

"Here, taste this!"

"This will definitely look good on you!"

"Jiang cheng! This side!"

"Jiang cheng what do you think?"

"Jiang cheng Should we get thi-"

Jiang cheng covered this mouth as he sighed completely drained. The two Lans were long lost and his sweet little plan which he squeezed his brains for seemed to be going down.

"Can we first find those two? I don't see them anywhere."

Wei wuxian averted his eyes afterall, he did ask Lan zhan to leave them alone for a while.

"Aiya Chengcheng, are they kids? They can take care of themselves."

"Stop calling me that, I'm a Sect leader!"

The two immediately paused as they looked at each other.

How long has it been? How much has passed?

The two cleared their voice at the same time, inviting a small smile on their faces.

But Jiang cheng couldn't taste the moment to its finest. There was still somthing in him, something holding him back from letting go.

Wei wuxian, "I guess trying does give good results."

Jiang cheng only smiled before looking away quickly, turning his focus to the things around him. Wei wuxian suddenly pulled his hand and dragged him around as they bought several street food (payed by Jiang cheng).

Jiang cheng closed his money pouch and placed it in his pocket but the very next moment he had to open it again to buy the older one some junk.

He sighed and looked at weiwuxian who happily ate like a pig starved for days.

" Don't the Lans feed you enough?"

Wei wuxian laughed and playfully slaped his shoulders before jumping to a different store. Jiang cheng could feel the lightweight of his pouch already.

He looked around to find Wei wuxian when a maiden suddenly popped out of nowhere, covering her head with a peachy pink cloth.

He stepped back, wanting to avoid any contact when he heard a squeaky voice.

"Ahh, SeCt leaDeR JiaNG~ please don't IGnorE me, I LoVe yoU~"

Jiang cheng smacked the pink head and grabbed the cloth to reveal the face of Wei wuxian who had red lipstick smeared all over his lips.

He gathered the cloth and chased him around, dodging street sellers and groups.

Wei wuxian suddenly stopped and turned towards the Jiang who slowed down too.

"You! What do you think you are doing?"

"Chengcheng" He said with a stern voice, startling the other. Jiang cheng listened carefully.

"I have an idea"

Before Jiang cheng could ask about it, he grabbed his hand and dragged him into a shop.

"Why did you bring me here? I have enough clothes at home."

"Boring, this is why your lover left you. I will help you get her back, just follow me!" He said with his serious face and started talking to the shopkeeper.

Meanwhile,

The two Lans roamed about as they looked for cute things for their lovers, atleast for Xichen.

Lan wangji was not too focused on his surroundings and often bumped into people.

They finally reached a comparatively calmer place with less people. As the bright sun came down slowly, many lanterns were already lit up and everyone were preparing for the grand celebration with their families and friends.

Lan xichen looked at the hairpin he just bought. He knew Jiang cheng wouldn't wear it but he felt like it would look really good on him, plus the shopkeepers extra adds.

He looked at his brother who looked deeply at a flower by the corner. There flew a bee, buzzing around it and slowly devouring the flower's sweet syrup.

" Wangji, if you have sonthing to ask me, no need to think twice."

The said man looked at his brother, unsure.

" Brother, do you like Sect leader Jiang?"