6. Once in 10yrs

Previously...

Qi Guang, "You have a rare case of cursed poison."

Jiang Cheng's POV

"W-what?"

Qi Guang, "Did you encounter any fierce corpse or maybe a poisonous beast?" Maybe it's that snake-dragon monster, but I did not get hurt though.

Jiang cheng, "I did encounter a weird looking monster, it had a snake's head and a dragon's body. But I did not get hurt."

Qi Guang, "I may have read about that monster, could you please describe." I started telling him everything that happened but replacing Wei wuxian to a disciple and skipping the I tried to save him part.

Qi Guang, " If I'm not wrong, it's a beast from the far north-west. It's yellow stone contains poison and by controlling that you can either kill it or get killed. Since you said you killed it, did you ever touch the stone?"

Did I touch it? right, I did, "I did take them with me to investigate on that monster, but it wasn't for long."

Qi Guang, "After it dies you must remove the poison before handling it, but since this is a new monster, I suppose you did not know."

Jiang cheng, "Is there a way to cure it?"

Qi Guang, "Yes, that poison it one of the strongest ones out there, removing the poison itself is quite easy but you have also been cursed. Though the reason for your curse is complicated I'm sure I'll be of help."

Jiang cheng, "How will you cure me?"

Qi Guang, "By poisoning you." Did he just say poisoning me, "What?"

Qi Guang, "I meant, to cure a deadly poison like this mixing certain herbs with specific poisons will be your cure. As for the curse, we will talk about it the next time you come. For now, don't let the voices get to you. You must stay strong."

Jiang cheng, "What would happen if something went wrong?"

Qi Guang, "Well, you might kill yourself or kill the others. Your hallucination is because of the curse, the poison in your body is only there to kill you, slowly."

Jiang cheng, "Then I will take my leave, thanking you for sparing me your precious time master Guang." I bowed and exited the room, and the lady led me out. We both bowed lightly after which I left towards Yunmeng. As I was walking in through the busy streets, I started to feel that itch again.

But dying doesn't seem bad, I could finally be free. I could even meet my family and maybe in another life, I could make my father love me and my mother proud of me, a sister I won't let down and a brother who would keep his promise. And I can be a better, stronger and smarter person.

It truly does not sound bad, maybe I don't need to visit him again. 

"Chengcheng, are you trying to get rid of me? you know I won't go." Right next to me stood Wei wuxian, smiling like a fool, cursing me with him gaze. This is so annoying! I turned around lifting my hand to wave off the illusion but just then I got a glimpse of Wei wuxian and the Lan disciples chatting, I was about to turn around when I heard a familiar voice.

"Shushu, stop teasing me!" It's Jinling, they looked really happy without me. Jinling has never laughed so much in front of me, it's most probably because of me. How did I not realize how awful of a person I am. Maybe if Wei wuxian raised him, Jinling would be happier and much better than he is with me. I'm basically the iron cuffs that held him down, I guess everything is for the better.

Wei wuxian, "Aren't you going to complain to your jiujiu?"

Jinling, "I don't need him, I am a sect leader! I can stand up for myself and make my own decisions. And I will never talk to him, not after what I saw."

Wei wuxian, "It's not a big deal and I bet you're going to change your mind the next second you meet him."

Jinling, "I don't need a person like him in my life!"

What did I do to make him hate me so much? Is all my hard work in raising him meaningless? Why is it so hard...

'That's because you're unlikable chengcheng. A person like you will never be happy. Not in this life.'

This voice again, why can't it let me die in peace. I was about to turn around when I heard Wei wuxian ask, "Doesn't he look like Jiang cheng?" That was my que to run, and I did. I ran so fast I came to the other side of the town, but I kept running that is until I bumped into someone. I turned around to look at them and I was very shocked. 

Sect leader Lan who was rumored to be in seclusion is standing right in front of me. I thought I was wrong until I heard him talk. His disguise is so lame. A black veil won't make him look less Lan and a white and blue robe definitely won't help.

Present time,

We walked till we reached a lake and a boat waiting on the dock. 

Lan xichen, "Would you mind getting on the boat with me?"

Jiang cheng, "S-sure." Why am I stuttering so much? so embarrassing. 

I got the boat first because I was more used to it and held my hand out for sect leader Lan. He looked at me before he held on and climbed in. The boat shook a little making us unstable. He fell down dragging me with him. I was basically straddling him with my knees and hands on either side of him. He was supporting himself with his hands behind him.

 Though the black veil was covering his face I could see his eyes staring wide at me, I tried standing up immediately which resulted in me unintentionally rubbing against his area, he caught my knee and pushed it away and I just fell on him. My face was on his shoulder and the hand that pushed me away was on my thigh. 

I slowly got up and after which I helped sect leader Lan up. We sat on the chair, and I looked at everything other than him. The boat started moving towards the brightly decorated area.

Lan xichen, "The area is lit brightly, I wonder what's going on."

Jiang cheng, "I was wondering as well, it has been a while since I visited the town."

Boat man, "Young masters, it is the Commencing Spring festival. You should stay and enjoy this event. It's not celebrated everywhere."

Lan xichen, "It does sound nice, what do you think jiang cheng?"

Boat man, "Wait a minute, are you from the Yunmeng Jiang clan??"

Jiang cheng, "No, he is just joking." I was almost caught. The people here seem to hate me, most probably because of that stone face. I went towards sect leader Lan and in a low voice I whispered, "I am not really welcome here, so please refrain from calling me jiang."

Lan xichen, "My apologies, I did not know. Can I call you Wanyin then?"

Jiang cheng, "S-sure..." I have never heard anyone calling me by my birth name, it's going to be weird. I sat back on my spot, taking in the beautiful night view.

Lan xichen, "So, Wanyin... would you like to stay a bit longer, it might be fun participating in this festival."

Jiang cheng, "I actually have to go-"

Boatman, "Aiya, you must stay and enjoy this festival, this time it is going to to be special."

Jiang cheng, "I can always celebrate it next year." Or not.

Boatman, "No this time it's different, this years festival is celebrated on the same day as the Moonlight festival. They say people find their soulmates at that time. And it only happens once in 10yrs."

Lan xichen, "Soulmates?"

Boatman, "Yes, but it's not only for those who seek love but also for those who struggle with life. They say the moonlight can heal you completely."

Lan xichen, "Can you accompany me Wanyin, if you don't want to, you don't have to do it. It's just a suggestion and a request..." I wouldn't call it a suggestion when he is looking at me like an abandoned puppy, I guess and day off wouldn't hurt. I sighed before replying, "Fine, but just for one day."

Boat man, "You should quickly book an inn, tomorrow is the festival."