83. One of the 3

Previously...

 A black portal blasted out as the monster was thrown onto the ground with a loud thud, causing the mud and stones to shift.

Third Person POV 

The three immediately got into defensive stances as stood around the monster. It was a matter of time before all of the Jinhao disciples surrounded them. Jiang cheng's plan was simple, unleash Zidian, strike everyone to hell, kill the monster and take the blood. But what he did not expect was to see one of the 3 sect leaders of Jinhao clan. 

After their sect leader died, no one wanted to become the permanent leader so three people vowed to guide the clan and bring back their master. The one here should be the poisoned one. Who would've thought he'd come here by himself.

Jiang cheng stood in the middle, his eyes meeting the sect leader. He stood straight, showing no fear and instead intimidating those surrounding him. 

"Sect leader Jiang, fancy meeting you here, I am Ming hao." said the man with a mischievous tone. "I wonder what the Jinhao people have to do with this beast."

"We are just protecting the people from this monster. Nothing else. But what are you doing here sect leader Jiang? As far as what I heard, you should be in bed, the poison works faster when it's near this beast."

Jiang cheng smirked as Zidian flickered, "Then you must be deaf sect leader Hao." In a fraction of second, Jiang cheng's sword slashed against the other. The sound of clinking metal echoed around the cave and all the disciples pulled out their swords. It was 10 against 3. Wei wuxian and Hui zhong fought with the disciples who were well equipped with various gadgets that they brought to deal with the monster.

It did not take too long for the Jinhao people to be defeated. Wei wuxian threw the last standing disciple off the ground with a tap of his finger and turned towards Jiang cheng. Even a normal civilian could tell that Jiang cheng was at the lead. He didn't use Zidian to defeat the man. 

"Sect leader Jiang, you're really strong. Even with the poison in your body, you can move like the waves. But can you really hold on that long. You're so weak, you can't even use the powerful Zidian." said Ming hao as he jumped towards the other to strike again, but this time he had a secret weapon. Just as his strike was stopped by the cold metal, his hand quickly grabbed onto a pouch, and he threw it at the Jiang.

Jiang cheng was caught off guard by his tricks as he was too focused on controlling his chi. The core inside was burning his body as it tried to fight off the poison. He was constantly getting dizzy, but he stayed focused on the battle. When the pouch was thrown at him, he fell back onto the limp beast which was on the ground.

The pouch fell to the side as black smoke rose up from it. The beast slowly grunted before opening its bloody eyes. 

Ming hao smiled like a freak as he looked at the awaking monster. 

Wei wuxian rushed to grab him by the collar and held his neck tightly. Hui zhong went to his master's aid and helped him away from the beast.

The beast slowly stood on its fore limbs and glared at the two before it. Wei wuxian was too focused on punching the man that he failed to see the beast charging towards him. 

The monster charged forward with its mouth wide open as it was ready to eat the human whole. Ming hao smiled like a manic as he watched the beast forward. Wei wuxian stopped cussing at the man as his punches slowed down, he had a weird feeling in his gut, and he slowly turned around. Ming Hao suddenly held his shoulders and pushed him towards the beast. Just as the monster's mouth neared his head, a bright flash of purple light passed before the beast and a blue light emerged out from its mouth.

Wei wuxian was pushed away and the blue light went deeper as it flew past the man's skull and landed on the stone wall behind him.

Wei wuxian slightly opened his eyes and saw the beast falling down towards Ming hao. His vision was blurred as warm water dripped down onto his face. He tried to move but a blue light caught his eye. The blue light slowly disappeared and what remained was a jade like sword. Something he was more familiar with than anyone. 

He looked around and finally felt his heart relax. There stood his husband with a burning rage which could only be seen in his eyes. He used all the strength in his body as he pushed himself up from the ground and walked towards his lover. Truthfully speaking, he thought he would never meet him again when he was pushed towards the monster.

He walked past the monster which crushed the man below and turned his head away from it. He wiped off the warm liquid that kept blocking his view and walked faster to his Lan. Lan Wangji sheathed his sword and hugged his lover. 

Wei wuxian quickly turned towards Hui zhong to check on Jiang cheng but he was not there. He looked around and found the two in the place where he was pushed off to. He walked towards them with the Lan following closely behind. 

Hui zhong sat with bloody hands and Jiang cheng wiped it off. Wei wuxian felt really bad for thinking wrong of the poor disciple and bowed, "Thank you for saving. I swear I would be dead if not for your help. You even got injured because of me- wait, I think I brought it with me."

He turned to his lover and did a small eye communication, and the Lan took out a small porcelain bottle. Wei wuxian handed it over to the disciple and smiled brightly with his teeth, "Here, this can help with any wounds, I got it from the great Master healer." 

Hui zhong hesitantly took the bottle with his eyes often darting to the side. Wei wuxian smiled happily, he could see the disciple's hesitation and thought it would be because of Jiang cheng who turned his face away from him. His smile slightly faded but it was still plastered on his face.

Just as Jiang cheng turned more to the side to avoid his gaze a sudden loud grunt came from the beast. The wound healed itself and it woke up with its eyes hungry to kill.