22. Reunion

Previously...

"What is it?" I asked loudly but rather than an answer the door broke open. I turned to look at that intruder but to my surprise it was Jinling?

Third Person POV

Jinling ran to his uncle and sat before him in his right side. He kowtowed to his uncle startling the two sect leaders. Jiang cheng was about to enquire him but another person came running into the room.

Hui Zhong, "Sect leader Jiang, Sect leader Lan." He bowed to them before coming closer. "What is happening, why is he here?" Jiang cheng demanded, the disciple bowed before his sect leader, "Young master Jin wanted to meet you, but you were talking with sect leader Lan, so I told him, but he did not-"

Jinling, "Jiujiu! I am so sorry. It's all my fault. I shouldn't have spoken to you like that. If only I did not propose to go to such a dangerous place, you wouldn't have come and none of this would've happened." Jiang cheng's face softened, his mouth curving into a small hesitant smile. He reached out to touch Jinling's shoulder, but Jinling bet him to it when he jumped and hugged his jiujiu's waist tightly.

Jinling, "Does that mean you forgive me?" He asked, his head still stuffed on his jiujiu's waist. Jiang cheng sighed with an eye roll and hugged him back. Just then the Lan stood up walking to face jiang cheng. "Sect leader Jiang, I will take my leave then." He bowed before turning around. 

Jiang cheng, "Wait! did you forget our deal? You're supposed to-" the jade smiled unknown to the lotus, "I will, in Gusu. Take care Wanyin." Hui zhong was surprised to hear someone call his set leader with his birth name, making him question their relationship. Jinling who was busy weeping did not hear a thing.

Jiang cheng patted his shoulder and raised him. But before he could say anything, his nephew hugged him again and started weeping.  He had nothing else to do so he just let him cry till his eyes are dried. Just then, a white furry ball walked in and once it took a glance of its master, it immediately ran to them.

Hui zhong was in tears, looking at the lovely family reunion was very heartwarming. He started to weep as well, just then, a handkerchief was held next to him. He took it and started to wipe is eyes and blew his nose. He gave to back to the person who when he met eyes with jumped 5ft away. The head maid is quite the scary type, one look and she'll kill without a weapon.

The head maid pulled him out of the room and closed the door slowly to not disturb her sect leader.

Jiang cheng kept patting his nephew's back, hoping it will make the 'get away from me' process faster. Which did work since Jinling finally wiped his tears and retracted his hug. Jiang cheng cleared his voice to speak but he was cut off by Jinling who looked at him like a frightened kitten.

"Jiujiu, are you really not upset anymore?" Jiang cheng rolled his eyes again, "If you don't shut up I'll break your legs." The Jin shut his mouth immediately. Fairy wagged her tail trying to gain her mater's attention. Jiang cheng who finally noticed it patted her head gaining a lick on his hand. Soon silence filled the space until jiang cheng remembered something.

"Aren't you supposed to be in Gusu?" That's when he knew, if he doesn't run, he will never have legs to run anymore. And so he did what anyone would do and ran for his life. Running away from Zidian's sparks to his room which he has in Yunmeng due to his very frequent visits.

Jiang cheng's whip was so close to grabbing his nephew's leg but fairy felt pity and curled up on his lap diverting his attention. "That damn brat, how could he skip school and come here like it's a playground." He cursed a few more words before leaving to the study hall. With his nephew here, he won't be able to do much work. 

He entered the room and sat down. And the first thing that caught his attention was a richly embroided letter from Qinghe Nei. He opened it and found an invitation to a banquet held next month.

Jiang cheng, "Why is there a sudden banquet? didn't they hold one just 2 months ago." He closed it and placed it aside and started working on important document. Though it was a lot, he finished them quickly and started to work on shipments. Since his last visit, he never received any kind of letter from the south regarding the issue which might be suspicious. While he was going through all the files, he crossed upon a letter sent from the south. Before he could read it though, his lovely nephew entered without knocking. 

Jiang cheng sighed closing the letter, "I told you to knock before you enter, did you forget it again?" Jinling was hesitant but he still walked closer. with his eyebrows furrowed and his hands on his hip, he looked at his uncle, "Jiujiu, you haven't eaten anything from morning, you should be more responsible and pity those who worry for you." Jinling was ready to run again when his uncle stood up twisting his ring. But he did not run. "Going to Gusu has made you braver, I wonder if you'll still talk like that if I break your leg."

Jinling's brave exterior broke in seconds as he stood next to his uncle smiling and patting his hand. Jiang cheng sighed before leaving the room with Jinling. They went to the lotus lake and sat on a rock. Jiang cheng, "Why did you bring me here?" Jinling was in deep thoughts but quickly came back to reality when he remembered something.

Jinling, "Actually, on my way here I saw something weird. There were a group of people doing some kind of ritual. But unlike a normal one, they used golden cores as sacrifice." Jiang cheng's face darkened. "What kind of ritual?" Jinling started rummaging inside his sleeves, when he caught it, he took it out and showed it to his uncle.

Jiang cheng, "A talisman?" Jinling nodded, the piece of paper looked like a useless paper that was half burnt, "I knew it does not look like it, but with a little bit of spiritual energy it lights up and turns into an actual talisman" Jiang cheng couldn't believe it. Those kinds of talismans were already destroyed by him after wei wuxian's death. Unless those people want to create another disaster.

Jinling, "Jiujiu, if we get a talisman expert to break the spell on it, we will be able to know the origin of this talisman." Jiang cheng nodded, proud of his nephew. "I'll tell Hui zhong to find a talisman expert." Jinling shook his head.

Jinling, "Why look for one when we already have one." Jiang cheng at first couldn't understand but when he did, his ring sparkled. It was like someone was summoning a lightning. But it stopped, "Fine."