20. Drunk

Previously...

Jiang cheng came back to reality when his hands were held by the jade who placed a pouch in his hands. "Huh?"

Third Person POV

Lan xichen, "Look so beautiful." For a second Jiang cheng couldn't understand what he was referring to. He shook his head lightly, closing his fingers on the pouch. "It is..." The jade smiled, but unlike his other smiles is looked a little different. Their gazes now set on each other, jiang cheng had to look up even when they were keeling. A slightly stronger wind blew a few strands of hair in front of him, blocking his view. The jade quickly tucked his hair behind his ear as a result Jiang cheng pushed his hands away breaking the tension. He quickly got up.

"We should go eat. It might take some time to get through the crowd." The jade who was once startled at his actions smiled and got up, following the lotus. They walked through the streets, looking for a nice restaurant. Soon they found one and went in.

After getting a private table, they sat opposite to each other, ordering their food. "I must say, festivals are very amazing." The lotus rolled his eyes, "You talk like this is your first time." The jade smiled, "You are not wrong Wanyin, but I apologize if I was disturbing you." Jiang cheng was taken back for a second after which he looked down, "It's alright."

"Wanyin, can I ask you something-" The door opened as the waiter walked in with the food they ordered, beside him stood another waiter with drinks. After placing them on the table they bowed and left, closing the door. Jiang cheng, "What were you saying?" The jade shook his head, "No worries, we can continue the conversation after eating." The Jiang nodded before digging in. Jiang cheng kept looking at the jade and looking down every time he got caught.

Lan xichen placed his chopsticks aside and looked at jiang cheng, waiting for him to get caught again. And he did, jiang cheng looked at the jade and before he could avert his gaze the jade called him out. "What is it Wanyin?" Jiang cheng coughed a little and chocked on his food. He quickly drank some water and looked at the jade again. "I... Would you like to have a taste of our wine? it is very special and..." "Sure." The lotus was not expecting an answer this soon, he asked again making sure it was not another hallucination. "Really?" The jade nodded.

Jiang cheng pushed the bowls aside and poured wine for the both of them. He raised his glass waiting for the Lan to follow, they made a toast and jiang cheng drank it in one gulp, but the jade was a little reluctant, but he still drank it, swallowing the moment it touched his tongue.

Jiang cheng, "How is it?" The jade started coughing, jiang cheng took a jar of water and immediately gave it to the Lan. Lan xichen started gulping on the water, but when swallowing the very last drop did he realize, it was actually wine. He placed the jar swiftly on the table and took a hold of the actual jar of water and took a huge gulp.

Jiang gasped when he realized what he did. He bowed deeply, "I'm so sorry, I did not mean to give you wine. I picked the wrong jar. And if your mad then I will take full responsibility-" The jade stood up, looking down at jiang cheng. 

Jiang cheng took a step back, slightly intimidated by the Lan. Lan xichen took a step forward but immediately fell down, thankfully his left hand held onto the table keeping his body upright. Jiang cheng came closer to check if he was alright. Suddenly a hand took ahold of his and griped it tightly. Jiang cheng hissed in pain. The Lan pulled his hand closer making him stumble forward. "Zewu-jun... let go." He tried to remove the hand, but it only griped on tighter. 

He then tried to push the Lan away from him which alarmed the Lan. Jiang cheng only blinked once but it was enough time for the Lan to unsheathe his sword. "Sect leader Lan... what are you doing." That seemed to do something to the Lan as he sheathed his sword back and held the sides of his (Jiang cheng's) face, the grip on his hand now gone.

Lan xichen, "Xichen." The jiang was confused. "What are you talking about?" The jade brought their faces closer, "Call me... Xichen." The Jiang was now flabbergasted. "Huh?" Lan xichen let go of his face and took a seat. Taking a sip of wine but there was none left. He looked at the Jiang who took a step back. "I'll... tell them to bring more." As if on que, the door opened and the waiter looked at the Jiang, "Would you like a refill?" Jiang cheng cursed the heavens before nodding. The jade excitedly looked at the jar being filled. When the waiter turned to leave, the jade grabbed two more jars from the tray.

The waiter found it weird but left quietly. Jiang cheng however was afraid of what the Lan would do next. But instead of sword he received puppy eyes looking at him invitingly. The Jiang took a seat opposite to the Lan, but it only made the jade pout. Jiang cheng sighed and took a seat next to the Jade. As a reward he received a jar of wine. 

Jiang cheng, "Sec- Xichen, you shouldn't drink this much. It's your first time." But the jade pouted and held the jar closer to him. Jiang cheng sighed and took a sip from his jar making the Jade laugh. "What's so funny?" But instead of a reply his jar shook slightly as the jade made a toast before taking another big gulp. Jiang cheng sighed, "If grandmaster Lan comes to know about this, he would definitely ban me from existing." He took a long sip and placed the empty jar on the table. Feeling the dizziness slowly creepy through his mind.

The jade gave him another jar which he happily finished. "We should leave." He stood up and went towards the door, but he tripped on the body in front of him and closed his eyes, feeling sleep embrace him tightly.

Jiang cheng, "Xichen, stop drinkin-" He shut down completely in the jade's embrace. "I will."

The next day, 

Jiang cheng woke up with a heavy headache. He staggered his way out of the bed and freshened up. When he went to his study room to do some work, he finally remembered what happened the day before, making him panic. "How did I get here?"