7. Heartless

Previously...

Boat man, "You should quickly book an inn, it's not that easy to get one at this time."

Third Person POV

After getting off the boat they both went into an inn and luckily there was a room left. Jiang cheng, "Perhaps we should go check with other inns, they might have two rooms."

Inn owner, "Young masters, you must be new here but, at this time, you won't find even a single room in the other inns. You should quickly decide, I might give the room to others."

Lan xichen, "Fine, we will take it."

They both entered the room with jiang cheng entering first followed by Lan xichen. They looked at each other and said at the same time, "You can take the bed, no I'll sleep on the floor. But you're a sect leader!" They were both blushing at this point. 

Lan xichen, "It's alright, as the guest you should take the bed."

Jiang cheng, "But as the sect leader of Gusu Lan, you can't sleep on the floor."

Lan xichen, "But as my gues-"

Before Lan xichen could finish his sentence, jiang cheng pushed him on the bed. "Since you already sat on the bed, I will take the floor." 

Lan xichen sighed in defeat, no one can defeat the stubborn Lotus after all. Jiang cheng started to make a bed on the floor. After he was done, they both wished each other a good night and went to bed, turning away from each other, only that none of them were sleeping.

Jiang cheng, 'Why haven't I heard any voices yet, not that I want to.' Lan xichen, 'I feel weirdly calm, I usually panic at this time, not that I want to.'

Lan xichen, "Umm... Wanyin... are you awake?" "Yes." The both of them turned towards each other trying to see through the darkness. "Xichen, are you feeling any discomfort? I heard a useful technique to feel calm."  

Lan xichen, "It's actually quite the opposite, I strangely feel calm, but I would still like to hear your technique." He sat up in a lotus position looking at jiang cheng. Jiang cheng lit a candle and sat up straight as well. 

Jiang cheng, "Talk about it."  "What?" Lan xichen was quite confused at what he heard.

Jiang cheng, "Talk about the thing that makes you uncomfortable, it might reduce the weight on your shoulders."

Lan xichen, "I..."

Jiang cheng, "My apologies, I have crossed the line." "No! it's not like that. I have never shared anything before, and those to whom I did, did me wrong... But I can try again."

Jiang cheng, "Then do give me a chance." Jiang cheng had no idea why he is saying these things, maybe it's because he is tired, he is just blurting nonsense.

Lan xichen smiled lightly, "Then do excuse me for I am going to rant to you, my distress."

Jiang cheng, "You are excused to do so." Lan xichen chuckled and took a deep breath preparing himself to share his emotions.

Lan xichen, "Well, as you know da-ge... a-yao  and I are sworn brothers. We shared anything and everything with each other to the point that all my burdens were not heavy at all. When da-ge... died... it was a little difficult to cope with, but I did. I thought I could protect a-yao so even if da-ge is not there at least we had each other. It was not love that I had for him, I considered them as my family. When I got to know that da-ge was killed by a-yao I couldn't understand why he would do that. But I never expected him to die in my hands, and if I could kill my own sworn brother then I might be able to kill everyone close to me as well., don't you think?"