57. Rusted with Time

Previously...

Jiang cheng slowly went to sleep, covered by the Lan who was beside him still attached together. Lan Xichen slowly followed him to sleep as he admired the man in his arms.

Third Person POV 

Jiang cheng's eyes slowly fluttered open, getting used to the bright light emitted from the windows. He looked around and saw white everywhere. He thought he was stuck in a dream until memories flooded in. He lifted his head and saw a dark figure leaving the room. He immediately jumped out of bed and ran to the door, forgetting about his appearance. 

Unfortunately, when he opened the door, no one was outside. The corridor was quiet. He sighed and closed the door, overthinking all the possibilities. When he turned around, he saw the Jade sitting up on the bed with his eyes on him and a smile on his lips. Jiang cheng's face turned even redder than plums. He couldn't keep the eye contact neither was he able to divert his eyes.

He stood in a dilemma, with his heart beating faster than ever and the thought of the intruder long gone.

Lan Xichen came closer to the other and whispered, "Once again, good morning Wanyin." Jiang cheng's legs trembled like his eyes, and his quivering mouth let out a soft and almost inaudible sound. "... good morning." 

Jiang cheng's pupil constricted to a small dot when the Lan's fingers glided down his shoulders. Lan Xichen's hot breath hit against his cold skin; his body shuddered lightly, and his eyes reflected the dark purple eyes above him. His breath was stuck inside him, refusing to come out. 

Finally, Lan Xichen's jade cold tips stopped below his elbows and clutched the purple robe hanging loosely, exposing half of his body. The cloth was put back in place and adjusted properly to cover his body completely. 

Jiang cheng let out the breath his held and blinked all the unnecessary thoughts away.

"Thank you." 

Lan Xichen's face was still lowered to his neck; He felt a soft wet touch on his neck making him shiver all over again. 

Lan Xichen turned around and picked up a pair of black boots and walked back to the Jiang. He bent down and looked up, gesturing the other to lift his leg. Jiang cheng unquestioningly lifted his feet one by one, as the boot was put on his feet. His hands were against the wall, and he balanced with one leg.

The Lan stood up, looking down, at the other. He smiled and softly said with his deep voice, "You shouldn't walk around without your shoes and with untidy clothes."

 Though the deep voice made everything sound sexy, he was reminded of the time when Jinling was still a kid, not even reaching his hips. The young boy would run around the Pier without shoes and roll on the ground making his golden robes dirty. 

The golden robes made with high quality material was dirtied to oblivion. And the soft feet would get scratches and infections from anything that exists. So, Jiang cheng would always carry him around, with an extra pain or shoe with him all the time. 

He still remembered how he would scold him saying, "You shouldn't walk around without your shoes and with untidy clothes. Do you hear me!!"

He was evoked into his conscience which denied all his actions. The mist around thoughts cleared and the atmosphere around his felt disgusting. He started to question his actions and his gentle eyes turned to a sharp knife. His usual grumpy face came back. 

The Lans actions did not seem arousing anymore, it only made him burn with fury. 

The Lan saw the abrupt change in the other's eyes. He wasn't sure what happened but before he could comprehend the situation, The door was loudly shut, and the purple robes disappeared leaving trails of his sweet scent.

Jiang cheng banged his door close and took a deep breath in. He was stumped speechless. He couldn't blame anyone but himself. Unable to hold in his anger, Zidian sparked up and shook violently in his hands. 

'I shouldn't be angry now, calm, I need to calm down.' slowly Zidian's violet light dimmed until it transformed back into a ring.

Jiang cheng's hands were tightly closed, making his knuckles go white. He wanted to punch a wall, but he held back. 

   All the sect leaders gathered together in the Grand Hall, enjoying the luxurious variety of food and wine. It was the second day, and a few sects have already bid their goodbyes. Jiang cheng was to be a part of it, but the Nie sect leader pestered him until he changed his mind.

The second day was no different than the first, just that this time, many were curious about the bride. But in the end, no one got the answer. 

After the feast, the sect leaders dispersed into the city. 

Jiang cheng walked around the manor, bored and tired. His brain was completely exhausted and close to dying. So many questions, so many emotions and many important tasks were left behind. He only wanted to be at peace. 

Just as he was roaming, he saw a tall arch around the end of the corridor. Out of curiosity, he walked towards it. The arch was covered by a green veil, fluttering and exposing a green view. 

The large arch was decorated with gold vines and ruby petals. Emerald leaves and sapphire crowned the arch, boosting his curiosity. He pushed the veil aside and stepped through the arch.

The scene in front of him was serene and gorgeous. There was a large fountain, a young petite lady with her hands open, allowing water to flow through. Her eyes were closed, and her hair was flowing with the wind, just like her robes. The white hands carried twisted vines and thorns, her bare feet stood on a wide-open flower, the other floating in the air. Surrounding her was a garden of paradise, full of flowers and trees. In the middle was there a rock and a table made of the same. 

It was meant for one person, as though telling him to not be here. Jiang cheng took a step back but bumped into something or someone. He turned around almost immediately. He was greeted by a black fan covered with a pale green cloth, with mountains and flowers all over. 

The fan snapped closed as a face revealed from behind it. It was not surprised to see the Nie sect leader in his manor but somehow jiang cheng found himself surprised.

"Sect leader Jiang, fancy seeing you here. I thought you will be in the city."

"I... my apologies, I must've entered somewhere I shouldn't." Jiang cheng was about to walk away but the other did not let him. "Please, you are welcome to stay here as much as you'd like. I only wished to share with you some words... If that's alright."

Jiang cheng was not in the mood to talk, but he couldn't refuse the Sect leader who owned the place.

"Of course, what is it?"

Huisang walked past him into the heavenly garden and spread his fan. "It's been a long time since we've had a talk, things have changed a lot, don't you think?"

Jiang cheng turned around and replied with a straight face, "Yes."

"Brother Jiang, why are you so formal. There is no one around, it's fine to let it loose."

Jiang cheng did not reply, he wasn't sure what the other's motive was. "Brother Jiang, no need to be so stiff, I only wish to go back to how we were. Our friendship that rusted with time, I only wish to retain it."