87. Lotus in the Snow

Previously...

Suddenly, his hands were grabbed and before he could react, he was dragged away.

Third Person POV

Jiang cheng used all his might to pull away but he was unable to free his hand. He was so close to unleashing zidian when they stopped suddenly making him fall front.

He hissed when his hands were held tightly again but this time, it held him upright. He glared at the man and soon his glare shrank into a hesitant glance.

'Sect leader Lan' he mumbled almost inaudible. The Lan lit up like a lantern and smiled gently like did not just kidnap a man, almost.

"Wanyin, I thought I wouldn't be able to see you. I hope you're doing fine." The said man nodded his head reluctantly, disliking the topic.

Jiang cheng looked around the dark alley, he did not remember seeing this part of the town. He avoided the glittering eyes and occupied himself with anything he could find, even if it was just moving dust.

"Wanyin?" Xichen asked worried as he noticed his discomfort. He reached out to touch his forged but the Jiang moved away swiftly. The Lan lowered his hand, getting a hint of the situation he placed the other in. So he took a step back and bowed to a 90 degree.

"Sect leader Jiang, I sincerely apologize for dragging you out of the blue. It was disrespectful of me to do that. I-"

"It's not like that!" Jiang cheng quickly cut him off in a hurry. He did not want to make it even more awkward. He pulled the older up quickly and retired his hands. His gaze shifted away from the other as he wondered about his strange behavior.

Xichen sighed with a heavy heart. He did not wish for it to happen like this but he felt like he had no other choice. He was about to grab the other's hands but he refrained from it and cleared his voice.

"Sect leader Jiang, Wanyin, I know this might not be the right place and time but I feel that what I have to say would not change even if we were in the brink of death."

Jiang cheng looked at him confused and curious.

"The cold snow covered my house but the seasons never changed for the ever that I knew, but when I did see the water, I saved it from the cold and now my house is filled with blooming lotus in the new summer rays."

Jiang cheng looked at him even more confused, "Um... congrats?... It is a little hard to grow lotus in, Gusu?" His face reflected his thoughts and Xichen sighed, "Wanyin" he said making him stand still. It suddenly became tense and Jiang cheng wanted to run away.

"Oh my, look at the time, I must leave right now. Then I'll take my leave Sect leader Lan."

He slowly backed away and ran towards the Pier. His white robes fluttered as he ran past different stalls while he tightly held to his hood.

"Who the fuck even grows lotus in the mountains and what am I supposed to do with that?" He cursed and walked slowly, taking his breath.

"Jiang cheng?" He whipped his head to the sound of his name and staggered back when he saw the red robbed man. His hood moved slightly back revealing a part of his face.

"Jiang cheng, what are are you doing here?" Asked wei wuxian with his loud voice. Jiang cheng cursed his fate and looked around to see of people noticed him. After making sure, he sighed in relief and turned his back and started walking slowly while calmly ignoring him. He knew that if he ran, then that loud speaker would scream his name till the heavens falls down.

He walked for a while with the red robes following him closely but when someone called out 'Wei wuxian' he took his chance and ran like an unleashed buffaloe. He made his way into the woods and shipped through bushes and branches. His hood was half torn and fluttering behind him. The black hood and the white robes with his hair down made him look perfectly like a water virgin ghost.

He suddenly slipped and fell when his foot was caught by a creeper. He fell face front and cursed at his luck again. He tired to pull it off but it did not budge for other than pricking his feet with its thorns.

Jiang cheng's POV,

I should've just stayed inside and now I'm suffering. I stood up with determination and pulled my leg off the creeper but it only tightened. Why is this so strong. Why did not bring my sword, and why is my day so awful. If the heavens hate me they should just kill me. Playing around isn't fun at all.

My thoughts came to a hush when I heard the hustling of bushes. Now what? Am u gonna be the feast for some beast?

I stood patiently waiting for whatever it is to come out. The bushes started to tremble and suddenly a small white rabbit popped out. I could sense the fear in its eyes. I mean I do look like a ghost right now. I took a step forward when a dark beast jumped over me and gobbled it whole.

I took a step back but the other feet bled when the creeper curled even more. The beast slowly turned to me and I could recognize it. It was the fierce beast which kept eating the people's cattles and chickens.

It looked at me with its mouth watering and i could see its gaze fixed onto my bleeding leg. Before I could even move, a glistening white sword pierced through its head. "Wanyin."

I could hear my heart beat as if it's next to me. My chest tightened. A weird sensation, a strange feeling. I turned around to meet with his eyes. "Thank you, Sect leader Lan, I would-" before I could finish my sentence he bent down to take a look at me feet.

I stared at his long fingers as he gently tore the creeper off my feet. I opened my mouth to thank him but I couldn't utter a single word.