84. Our Garden

Previously...

Just as Jiang cheng turned more to the side to avoid his gaze a sudden loud grunt came from the beast. The wound healed itself and it woke up with its eyes hungry to kill.

Third Person POV

Lan Xichen looked around the area, trying to investigate the place when he walked upon a small garden. It was a small one filled with gentian and white peonies and a beautiful plum blossom. The place was filled with spiritual energy that he recognized in seconds. 

He stepped in the gravel steps and entered the magical garden. He touched the gentian flowers and breathed in the fresh smell.  It was his mother's favorite flower. He still has it in his Hanshi. His eyes wavered as he looked at the beautiful white peony and the majestic plum blossoms.

They were in Qinghe Nie clan. 

He still remembers the time when his two sworn brothers made a small garden with all their favorite flowers. The spiritual energy surrounding the area was all of theirs. He would often come here and talk with them. Since it was situated inside the rocky valleys of Qinghe, no one was able to discover the land. 

He then remembered a secret cave they found while walking around. It was a large cave with a beautiful sight. It was connected to the Land of Death, and no one dared enter the area.

He finally felt like everything was in his hands. And he had a feeling that the monster would be in that mysterious cave.

He walked back to where everyone rested with a few disciples following behind him.

He saw a lot of disciples crowding around Lan Wangji and he walked faster. 

"What happened?"

He saw a portal in front of him with Wei wuxian trying to get in. He only took a step forward and Wei wuxian was pulled in. He looked around and noticed that Jiang cheng was not around and he jumped towards it. His fists clenched tightly as he went as fast as he could. 

Just as he reached it, the portal closed, and his fist landed on the rock in front of him.

"Let's go get them, we have another portal."

-

A lot of murmurs erupted as Lan Xichen a few disciples into the cave. Their clothes were messy with dirt and tears. 

The beast moved towards Jiang cheng with a bloody aura around it. Jiang cheng could feel its gaze focused on him. A small smirk landed on his face as he held the hilt of his sword tightly. Before he could attack it, a loud note flashed before the monster, creating small cuts around its body. Jiang cheng looked to the side and saw Lan Wangji striking it with all his might. But every cut healed itself within minutes and every time it clawed at the Lan, he would vomit blood.

Jiang cheng was reminded of the time when grandmaster Lan told them about a vicious monster. He tightly held onto Sandu and charged at it. Coincidently, Wei wuxian played a nerve wreaking note and tried to corrupt the monster. Lan Xichen joined the battle as he unsheathed Shouyu at the beast. 

The beast faced with multiple injures now that all those present attacked it, but even still, it did not withdraw even a bit. Jiang cheng attacked the eye and chest just like last time but nothing helped. 

He felt something weird and looked at its head and just as he thought, the stone with was engraved in its forehead was missing. He took a step back in confusion. The beast that attacked him definitely had a glowing stone; he broke it by the sword in his hands. 

His movements came to a stop as he was in a dilemma. He was questioning everything. Maybe all of this is a dream. He still remembers, when that demon was there, he woke up multiple times in a dream, and kept dreaming without stop. 

His body trembled as he staggered back. Everything looked fake. It felt like he hadn't woken up yet. His eyes dropped as he forced it open. His vision was blurring but he tried his best. His head touched the rough wall and he slowly slid down. He could see the stony ground, but he felt t smooth like the wood in Lotus Pier. 

Maybe none of this happened. Maybe it was all just a dream. He might have not really gotten rid of that demon. His eyes scanned around the cave as he saw every figure smudge into white smoke. Then was he sleeping this long? Did he never defeat the demon? Questions flooded his mind as his eyes slowly closed. 

"Will I finally wake up from this dream? Or did the demon already take control of my body?"