47. Intuition

Previously...

Jiang cheng then looked up at the man who looked at him. Theirs eyes stared at each other. Stuck in a daze. He could still remember the way those eyes looked at him from above, when he was devoured open. Open.

Third Person POV

Jiang cheng's eyes widened at his thoughts. Lan xichen's eyes smiled at him but it soon widened when Jiang cheng without a second thoughts moved to slap himself right across his face. The sound was so loud Lan xichen missed a note. He removed his lips from the flute.

"Wanyin?" 

Jiang cheng was totally embarrassed. He couldn't believe his thoughts. But those lips on his neck, marking him up felt so go- *Slap*

He did not let himself finish his thoughts as he slapped himself again. How could he? 

Lan xichen stood up and walked closer to him and held his hands. "What is wrong? why are you..." Jiang cheng did not hear anything, he only felt their skin touching. Those hands which held his hips in place and fucked him. He remembered wrapping his arms around those broad shoulders, griping on them. 

Lan xichen felt the increase in breathing of the Jiang. He released his hands and touched his forehead and neck, checking his temperature. He saw two hands coming up and stop near his chest. They were hesitant but slowly one finger pressed on his chest. The one finger soon changed to two and three until all the ten fingers were on him. 

"Wanyin, are you alright. Did that demon do something?" When the demon was mentioned, Jiang cheng was about to slap himself to snap out of those disgusting thoughts. But Xichen predicted his actions and held his hands tightly in his. "Wanyin, please answer me? Did I perhaps do something wrong while drunk?"

Jiang cheng then remembered those dumb words. "Yes, but it's nothing serious. Just drunk blabber." Jiang cheng then withdrew his hands from the not so tight grasp and took a step back.

"Are you alright? do you feel pain anywhere?" 

"Not really. I feel a light back pain, but I guess it was because of my bad posture." Who was he kidding, as the sect leader of Lan, obviously that is not the reason. Jiang cheng was about to confess his mistake but right then, the room door loudly opened and the two unconsciously took a step back.

Jingyi came out with a bowl of hangover soup. Jiang cheng suddenly got curious. "Why did you drink in the morning?" Lan xichen was surprised at first but then smiled, he was happy the other was not using the 'sect leader Lan'. 

"It was a mistake. I drank alcohol instead of tea." Lan xichen did not wish to blame his brother but he did not want to lie to Jiang cheng, so, he did not mention many details. 

Jiang cheng nodded, it was not the first-time alcohol was mistaken for any other liquid. "You should drink this and return back to Cloud Recess; I suppose you wouldn't have told anyone about your visit."

Lan xichen nodded. Somehow, he always seems to come to Lotus Pier. After a short chat the three of them bid their farewell. Lan Jingyi went to his friends while the Jiang turned around to his do his sect work in his study room. 

A few hours passed and the afternoon sun came down. One could see the sun and the moon in the red and purple sky. Jiang cheng stood up and went to the lake. He was somewhat tired and tensed. Looking at the beautiful sky made him relax a bit. The slow breeze pushed past the tall lotuses and dragon flies. Feeling his head heavy, he pulled at the ribbon releasing his long black hair which moved with the wind. 

His fingers pushed his hair back and curled the purple ribbon around his hand. Looking at the sky, he thought about the days when two brats would sit on the roof and watch the night sky.

"Look even the heavens know that this sect is going to be dazzling. And I'll be right by your side just like my father was to yours." 

"Shut up, who wants your help."

"Come on chengcheng, even the sky agrees. Look, the red on the horizon is me and the purple above it is you. I'll be your right-hand man and help you through everything. Oh! and the stars are the people."

"Don't you dare call me that again or I'll break your legs."

Jiang cheng snapped out from is memories when a dragon fly landed on his nose. He shook his head, but the brave insect did not leave his nose. He then reached out slowly, to take it but before he could even touch it, it flew onto a flower.

He walked around breathing in the fresh air. He felt that he should go to the forest, but he wanted to return to the study. In the end he returned to the study but before he could sit down, his legs carried him out of the Pier. 

He rushed out of the city below. When he got a hold of his legs he was already in the forest. In the same place when he became the demon's host. He looked around as saw that only the tree remained the same. The stone formation, talismans and various demonic marks had disappeared. 

He looked around the tree finding it suspicious. When he bent down, he saw fingerprints. Somone was here before him. He unsheathed his sword not wanting Zidian to scare anyone who was present.

In the middle of darkness and silence, he heard the sound of wind, swaying the nearby trees. He steadily stepped towards the sound. He was like a tiger stalking its prey. When he saw continuous moment in one direction, he pointed his sword forward and slowly stepped forward.

As he got closer, the sound became louder. It was obvious someone was present. He swiftly steeped forward and placed the sword to the person's neck. He at fist couldn't recognize the person, but when he did, he was shocked.