106. A talk left to Try

Previously...

Wei wuxian who sat silent the entire time spoke up, "Don't worry, I'll destroy all the problems for you." He said looking at the Jiang.

Third Person POV

Suddenly all eyes landed on the Jiang.

"Ri-right... thanks!..." Jiang Cheng stuttered, still embarrassed by his bold actions earlier.

He was this close to hiding behind the Lan's sleeves.

The sudden glares from the stone face and the continuous stares from Wei Wuxian made him really uncomfortable.

While the Xichen was still convincing his uncle, Jiang Cheng slipped away with the excuse of getting some fresh air and walked around the Pavillion.

The place was really cold, and his clothes were definitely not enough. He should have listened to Xichen and wore more. He trembled and shivered with each step. Jiang cheng quickly turned around, Wei wuxian who stood behind him with a thick robe raised up in the air; ready to cover the Jiang. 

"Wei wuxian, what is it?" he asked, his voice bold despite his insides trembling. 

"You should wear something more than just that, Gusu can get really cold in the winter."

"No need. I don't feel cold at all." Jiang cheng turned around and continued on his way but Wei wuxian continued following him. He could see the slight tremble in the Jiang's fingers, he was pale all over.

Jiang cheng had no clue where to go. Though he had come to Gusu for every cultivation conference and to meet his nephew, he never really explored the area. Even if he had in his youth, he had forgotten many things long back. Once you mature, all that's left is regret, he thought.

 Wei wuxian followed him everywhere without saying a word. The Jiang had long gotten tired of the clear path and entered the forest area. Wei wuxian had only two objectives, make the Jiang wear the thick robe and talk to him.

The path Jiang cheng walked leads to the cold spring and Wei wuxian knows it better than anyone. The cold spring was only going to get colder. He tried to warn the Jiang, but he kept speeding up.

Jiang cheng's eyes were no longer looking front, he rolled his eyes to the side to see the Wei. His motive was to get away from him as soon as possible.

Wei wuxian noticed that the Jiang kept walking straight to the cold pool. He rushed forward to stop the Jiang but Jiang cheng turned around and took huge steps backs, trying to avoid the Wei.

Just as Jiang cheng was about to take another step back, he realized he was on the edge of the stone but in front of him Wei wuxian rushed to pull him forward. With Wei wuxian pulling Jiang cheng away and Jiang cheng trying to stop Wei wuxian to fall with him, the two rolled in mid-air and fell into the ice-cold water.

The moment Jiang cheng made contact with the cold water, he screamed loudly, startled and cold.

-

Jiang cheng slowly gulped the bitter medicine that Xichen slowly poured into his mouth. Jiang cheng sneezed again and closed his burning eyes.

"Jiujiu, how could you be so careless? you should watch where you're walking, now you have fever. Seriously, why would you even go there, wearing THAT!"

Jinling quickly shut up when he saw the sparkling Zidian. 

"Wanyin, you should rest now. You'll be fine once you sleep." Jiang cheng nodded and the Lan covered him with the thick quilt and caressed his head. He was lucky to have been searching for them once Wei wuxian left the room. Suddenly a loud scream came from the forest, and he immediately rushed there to see two people completely drenched in ice cold water. by the time he carried the Jiang to his room, he had already gotten a fever.