24. His fault

Previously...

He nodded his head and Jinling retracted his hand. "What should we do now, young master Jin?" Jinling thought for a while before making a conclusion. "Let's go to my room for now, then we'll establish our plan." Hui zhong was confused again, "What plan?"

Third Person POV

Hui zhong, "I'm afraid, I can't agree to this. We don't know what might actually happen and by any chance if you ever get injured Sect leader Jiang will separate my head. How about we ask them both directly." Jinling patted his shoulder, "You're worrying too much, nothing will happen. Now GO!" Hui zhong was scared for a moment, the young sect leader looked like a possessed witch. He immediately left to proceed on with their plan.

Just as planned he went to the Jingshi. He knocked on the door awaiting some kind of response but rather, he felt a hand on his shoulders making him jump back, hitting his head on the door. "Why do I always get hurt here!" He glanced at the person responsible for it and immediately bowed greeting them. "Hanguang-jun and... Young master Wei, I need to talk to you."

All three were seated near a pond, with Hui zhong explaining to them the reason for his visit. Wei wuxian, "So why did you not tell this directly?" Hui zhong looked down, unsure if he should tell them the truth. Originally, he was supposed to frighten them with something like, 'Young master Jin is in danger' but after meeting them, the winds turned direction in a second and he explained the real reason.

Hui zhong, "You should come to Jinling's room, the talisman is there... IF you want to help, no pressure." The couple were eye communicating and soon came to a conclusion. "Of course, we'd help, Jia- Sect leader Jiang... is-helped Gusu before after all."

Hui zhong nodded and they walked towards Jinling's room. When they reached, Wei wuxian opened the door only to be pulled inside. Lan wangji tried to break the door open but the door did not spare a scratch.

 Hearing the loud noises, the sect leader and the grandmaster who were conversing came to take a look. With almost the entire sect surrounding the area, the two made their way through the crowd. Lan qiren, "What is happening here?" noticing the grandmaster all the disciples hurried their way out. 

Hui zhong, "Young master Wei-" Before he could finish his sentence a sword was placed near his throat. He looked to his side to see the second jade glaring at him with his stonic eyes. Lan xichen came forward, "Wangji calm down, lower your sword." The second jade hesitated but obeyed. Lan xichen turned towards Hui zhong, "You must be the head disciple of Yunmeng Jiang, what must you be doing here?" 

Hui zhong breathed in relief, "Sect leader Lan, I came here with Young master Jin to seek Young master Wei's help but suddenly-" Just then a loud growl was heard before the door broke open. Lan wangji immediately went in as the others followed behind.

Hui zhong was petrified to find the young Jin tied up by dark energy with talismans all over him. He was about to ask him, but the grandmaster interrupted him, "What have you done to him?" Wei wuxian who was sitting next to the Jin stood up and turned around, "He was possessed, I have trapped it inside this talisman for now. It might come out at any time now."

The room was filled with silence and confusion, just as Hui zhong was about to ask further, Jinling opened his eyes, "Jiujiu..." All the eyes are now on him. Wei wuxian helped him sit, though still tied, he gave him some water, but Jinling spat blood and groaned loudly before the talismans around him tore free. His mouth opened agape as dark smoke emerged out.

Dark sparks surrounded him before he screamed loudly. The air was so thick even the greatest cultivators found it hard to breathe. The two brothers took their spiritual instruments. They started to play cleansing music, but it only made the Jin groan even louder as the dark sparks turned into a whip which wrapped tightly around his neck. They soon changed tactics and started a formation with their spiritual energy.

Wei wuxian tried all his talismans but none of them seemed to make the situation any better. When he realized it, he quickly started to rummage through the younger's sleeves. The grandmaster who recognized the problem started to move his hands in a manner. Almost like he was dancing with the wind. He bent his fingers such that it looked like a deer, he made a 't' with his hands and turned it anti-clockwise. The once dense air turned normal, and the dark sparks vanished, at the same time, Wei wuxian found the talisman inside the Jin's sleeves. With the formation by the jades, the young boy closed his eyes and fell into deep slumber and all the darkness vanished.

All of them sighed relief but what they did not expect was for the clarity bell worn by the Yunmeng disciple to ring loudly. The disciple who was very frightened removed it but the second it left his uniform it flung to a corner where dark smoke appeared.

Wei wuxian took his flute in his hands as the dark smoke slowly cleared. The twin jades had a hand on their swords while the grandmaster prayed for it to not be what he expected it to be. 

From the corner, a young man walked forward. His skin so white even snow looked dark. He was as tall as the jades and a jawline sharp as their swords. His eyes were burning black, but his pupils were bright purple as he looked at each and every one in front of him. His white robes burned with snake scales in purple. His long black hair which was in a ponytail swayed with golden streaks as he walked forward. His thin lips curved into a smile as he looked at the boy in slumber.

"I was supposed to bond with an immortal flower, but I suppose the heavens blessed my existence to be bound to a delicate diamond." His deep voice echoed throughout the room, tingling their ears like feathers. Wei wuxian was the first to speak, "Who are you?"

The man smiled as his pupils turned white, making him look like a snake. "Yiling Laozu, am I right?" Wei wuxian took a step back while the jade unsheathed his sword and held it in front of his husband, shielding him. The man just chuckled, "This must be... Jinling? How lucky, I was about to eat him." Everyone was alarmed by his words making them stand in an attack stance.

Lan xichen who was quite all along, spoke in a calm tone, "May I know your identity?" The man took a step forward as the others prepared to attack. "Of course, Qiren would tell you all about me. Why? he might even have an entire library dedicated to me. I was his mistake after all."

All the eyes were now on the old man who was the only one without a sword in his hand. But they did not let their guard down, "And why can't you tell it yourself?" Wei wuxian demanded. The man just smiled before turning into a snake and wrapped himself around the talisman on the ground. In a swift second, he disappeared into thin air leaving behind guilt and confusion.