🌸 88. Accompany 🌸

Previously...

I stared at his long fingers as he gently tore the creeper off my feet. I opened my mouth to thank him but I couldn't utter a single word.

Third Person POV

Lan xichen, "We should wash it before it gets infected. Fortunately I had seen a small pond nearby. Would Sect leader Jiang allow me to take you there?" He asked with his charming smile which mesmerized the other.

"Of course~ ahem- I mean, yes, I'll have to thank you for that too."

Jiang cheng stared at the jade face, it somehow felt like he was bound to this moment. Like how the sky perfectly reflected his face like the heavens have come down. And how the tall figure looked down humbly at the pristine white lotus.

Jiang cheng allowed himself to be moved around like a doll. He was too busy hearing the Jade's heartbeat as he did not realize that they stood skin to skin on Shouyu. The firm hand around him definitely did not give him any chance to look away.

Lan xichen stared at the flushed neck below him. All he wanted to do was to take a small bite. The soft dumpling filled with hot soup, oh how he wanted to lick it and mark it as his. A small bite would be enough too. His desires were really harsh on him. Hoping for something he could never have. Just thinking about it made him sad.

The two robes fluttered as one as they flew past several trees. Jiang cheng suddenly returned to the reality in which a prestigious Sect leader like him is being held by another prestigious Sect leader. If anyone where to see them, he's better off dead.

"Sect leader Lan, isn't it a little-"

"It's fine Wanyin, your feet is wounded." Jiang cheng rolled his his eyes at the wound that made him a cripple. Well it's not like he had a sword to fly with sk he stayed silent and enjoyed the view. It wasn't a sunrise or a sunset. Just the sun and the bright blue sky with white clouds everywhere.

The landed shorty after and Jiang cheng sat by the pond, removing his shoes. Wearing shoes without his normal socks was a bad idea. He sighed at himself. He made a lot of mistakes today. He stood up on a grey rock and opened his arms to the fresh breeze which welcomed him.

He turned around to see Lan xichen setting up a small bonfire. "Sect leader Lan, let me help you-" He stepped forward only to slip back and fall into the deep blue water.

The water splashed high and washed the green grass. He struggled against the sudden force of the water and flapped the water around him. He pushed the water and rose up gasping for air. His face was pink and he was completely drenched. He wiped the water form his face and only then did he realize he was sitting. He stood up and watched the water level reach till his thighs. A deep red flush colored his cheeks. A soft chuckle made him go even redder as he glared at the Lan. But the glare was too cute making the Lan let out a small giggle.

"My apologies Sect leader Jiang."

Jiang cheng rolled his eyes and came out the water while dragging his wet robes.

"Why go between 'Wanyin' and 'Sect leader Jiang'?" He asked pissed.

"Well, it is quite awkward when I'm the only one addressing you informally."

Jiang cheng thought about all the times he had called the other and it was indeed true. "I see. My apologies."

"No need to apologize."

The atmosphere became awkward and Jiang cheng stood awkwardly with water dripping down. Lan xichen immediately removed his outer robes and offered it to the other. Jaing cheng was hesitant but he accepted it. Just as he was about to cover himself, Xichen pulled at his belt and removed it. "What... are you... doing?" He asked. "Wearing it on top is only going to make the robes wet. I have prepared a small fire, why don't we let it dry." Jiang cheng nodded his head, the reason was too reasonable to deny it.