54. Wrong room!!

Previously...

Everything has changed, maybe for the better. Therefore, he as well chose to change his attitude to the worst. He'd rather be alone than to be treated different from his memories.

Jiang Cheng's POV

I was about to open my room door when Wei wuxian said,

"I need to talk to you... please."

I turned to look at him and I got a glance of Jinling's extremely guilty face. It was obvious what he's going to say. That loose mouth of his, maybe rather than breaking his legs I should cut his tongue. 

Wei wuxian must have noticed my attention wasn't on him, because he came to me and held both my shoulders.

"What-" Before I could even start, he smiled brightly and pushed himself on me. I stood there frozen until he said, "Brother, I know you missed me and I-"

I quickly punched his stomach and hit his chin making him fall back down. "I don't have a brother and I wish for it to remain that way." I dramatically turned around and entered the room. 

"Who does he think he is. Avoiding me like plague and now he wants to be brothers. Do I look like a dumb bitch?"

"Of course not." I immediately froze when I heard another voice. I turned around with my back facing the door, and saw Xichen? He was sitting near in front of the study table, reading something.

"What are you doing here?"

He stood up and smiled, "If I'm not in my room, then where shall I be?" 

What!!! I looked around and noticed that the room looks a little different. I did enter the wrong room. It's all because of the Wei wuxian. If he hadn't stopped me, I wouldn't have mistaken my room for another room.

I quickly did a 90-degree bow, "My apologies, it seems like I have entered the wrong room." I turned to the door when I heard Wei wuxian and that stone face talking. I cannot go out now. 

I slowly turned around and saw xichen looking at me.  Of course, he will, it's his room and I broke in. "Ahem! so, I was..."

"Wanyin, may I have a few words with you?"

"Of course. What is it?"

He gestured to the seat in front of him and I sat down. 

"How are you doing? I hope the demon isn't bothering you."

"I'm fine" I looked around the room which was a little different from mine. The colors were lighter, and the arrangements were more spacious. 

"Would you care for some tea?" I quickly mumbled a sure and continues inspecting the place. He poured the tea slowly and avoided raising his arm too high. That's when I remembered his injury.

"I... I'm really sorry for striking you that day. It was a accident." He stopped his movements and placed the pot on the table before looking at me.

"I suppose those injuries were caused due to my visit to Yunmeng?"

I looked around the room, trying my best not to look into his eyes. It wasn't my fault either way.

"You don't have to worry Wanyin, it healed pretty quick. And I will never blame you for it." 

"I will make sure to never hurt you again as well."

I took a sip of the hot tea, it's really good. I didn't find any tea leaves in my room. Maybe it is imported from the south, they cultivate variety of tea leaves. It must be very expensive then.

Third Person POV

"Wanyin, I found some important information."

"Information?"

Lan Xichen, "It appears that the person who killed the descended immortal was from the newly formed Jiang clan. And I suppose that the immortal who couldn't die turned into something similar to a demon."

Lan xichen expected some kind of reaction but Jiang cheng nodded conforming his words.

"Did you know about this from the start?"

Jiang  cheng's face immediately reflected guilt. H forgot that he hid a few things from him. After taking a deep breath, he looked at the Lan, "I have something to say as well."

Excluding everything that makes Jiang cheng seem pathetic, he shared every other information regarding the immortal demon, Qi Guan. 

When comparing the two Jades, one might think that the younger has a stone face. But what they did not realize is that the Jade have a face of a stone. One has a blank expression the other has a smile. The stone never cracks and even if it did, it would come together in seconds.

Jiang cheng has never seen the other without a smile. But hearing his words, Lan xichen's face twisted in different directions. He never expected to hear so much about the immortal.

"Does that mean that immortal Qi guan is using you as his host for the sake of revenge?"

"I don't know. I only knew that he was defeated by a Jiang when you said it. He never mentioned anything such as revenge to me."

The two continued chatting, forgetting about the time. When it was 9pm though, the Lan instincts instantly kicked in and made the Lan yawn. 

"Seems like a lot of time has passed. Since you're tired, I suppose we can continue our conversation later." The two bid their goodbyes and Jiang cheng walked out. But before he could take a step out, he heard Wei wuxian's loud voice throughout the corridor. 

"But we must meet him. He needs-"

Jiang cheng stepped back in and shut the door tightly. He was not ready to meet the furious eyes of Hanguang-jun after kicking his husband. He stood next to the door, unable to make a decision.

"We can switch rooms if you wish to."

Jiang cheng immediately turned around, facing the Lan. "Of course not, I just..."

"Then you can stay here until their gone."

Jiang cheng agreed to the proposal and sat back on the same place. The two sat in silence, which was not awkward at all. But Jiang cheng couldn't sit still and watch the other try his best to suppress his yawns. The Gusu Lan rules have stuck deep within the other that even pinching himself was not helping.

Jiang cheng, "You can go to sleep if you want. I don't mind."

"No, I can stay aw- *Yawns*"

Lan xichen's face turned red in embarrassment while Jiang cheng's face turned red after seeing the Lan turn red. Lan xichen's red cheeks somehow reminded him of the night in the forest. Unable to identify the master's emotions, Zidian started sparking and Jiang cheng had to use his spiritual energy to suppress it.

After calming Zidian down he looked back at the Lan when a sudden wave of nausea hit him. He felt a sharp hit on his back and coughed blood, coloring his robes dark.