48. Old Letters

Previously...

As he got closer, the sound became louder. It was obvious someone was present. He swiftly steeped forward and placed the sword to the person's neck. He at first couldn't recognize the person, but when he did, he was shocked.

Third Person POV

Jiang cheng exclaimed, "Lan Jingyi!?"

The young Lan was tightly tied up with two black cloths, covering his mouth and eyes. The boy struggled but did not move much feeling the presence of a blade near his neck. It seems like the boy can't hear anything.

Jiang cheng removed the cloth and cut the rope. When the rope fell, Jingyi was finally able to hear everything. He gasped loudly and fell. The sudden stimulation on his ears after being deaf must have startled him. He pantingly looked up at the Jiang. 

"Sec-Sect leader Ji-ang... t-thank you for sav-ing me." Jiang cheng nodded and lifted him up, "Can you walk?" Jingyi shook his head. Jiang cheng kneeled and gestured for the other on get up his back. Though Jingyi hesitated a lot, after a lot of persuading he got on. 

Jiang cheng slammed open his room door after landing right in front of his room. Jingyi felt a little nauseous after flying on sword on someone else's back. Jiang cheng gave him some water and went to look for the other Jingyi. 

He went to the guest room since it was already night. When he entered, the room was oddly silent. He walked near the bed and saw someone under the sheets. He swiftly lifted it and a corpse laid with a talisman on its forehead. 

Soon Hui zhong came after his call and took the corpse away and locked it away for investigation. Jiang cheng felt his stomach twist. If the problem is actually big, then he'd have to prepare for a cultivation conference. 

Suddenly words ran across his mind. 

" I already have my eye on a better host. Someone easy to deceive."

Since Jingyi is safe the other must be... Lan xichen? He looked around anxiously. He did not know what to do. If Lan xichen really does get affected by that demon, then it would be all his fault. He was not ready to bear another guilt. He was already overflowing with it. Even a drop more is enough to spill it all.

He sat on the bed clutching onto his chest. All he could see was crimson waves, covering the entire clan. The flowers burned along with the bodies, the water rose up and never descended. The wood burned each and every corner of the Pier. Only three remained, two at a distance, watching the flames swallow the place. No water could extinguish it, just like the way the memory was stabbed into his brain... to be reminded of all the time.

At least the three could be together, but one chose to leave and the other left only to return indifferent. All that's left is a burnt scar. Stubborn to let go of life. Clinging onto the last Flower that hadn't burnt away with the rest.

A tear fell down but before more could fall, he lifted his head and forced the tears back. He should find the Lan. He needs to make sure. Jiang cheng came out to the corridor, deciding to go to Gusu and check it himself. 

Right as he was about to get on Sandu, a pale blue crystal butterfly landed on his hand. He took a closer look when suddenly he heard words from the butterfly. 

"Wanyin, I'm really sorry for disturbing you. I just heard what happened from my brother. Please don't take it to heart. My sincere apologies." Jiang cheng let go of the breath he didn't know he held. So much better. He'd rather be cursed with the demon that causing more suffering.

He returned to his room to find Jingyi asleep. Half of his body was on the ground while his legs at on the bed. He rushed to push the boy onto the bed, afraid he'd fall. He then looked around. Now that his bed was occupied, he decided to go through some files.

After finishing everything, he realized he is done with all the files. He looked though his shelf for more work. Since he always sits in his study, the work was completed fast and now he was free. He never though 'Free' would ever occur in his life. 

As he looked through all the old letter, he saw a sealed file. He tore it open and took out the contents. "What!" 

The room was filled with the sound of flipping pages and haggard breath. 

Gusu Lan, Cloud Recess,

Lan xichen sighed and closed his eyes after sending Jiang cheng a butterfly message. He was shocked after hearing what he said after getting drunk. He most probably said something similar in Yunmeng as well.

He took a sip of his tea. He smiled remembering how Wei wuxian hid behind his brother when his uncle wanted to punish him. "I'm really happy you found him Wangji."

He laid on the bed after extinguishing the candle flame. From the moment he left, he felt something was off. Jinyi was acting a little off. He calmed his heart and closed his eyes. Peace... and Quiet...

"Xichen, Xichen! Seal me~"

The male's eyes immediately opened. He should not be thinking like this, but the memories have no end. He sat up slightly sweating. He rubbed his eyes and clutched his racing chest. There was a great War going on inside between the Lan sect and the Jiang sect. 

His heart calmed down as he thought about all the 4000 rules. He laid back and closed his only to open them wide. Seems like Yunmeng Jiang won under the leadership of Jiang cheng. He again thought about the 4000 rules and laid down and sat back up when Jiang cheng's sexy body appeared in front of him.

Eventually, after a long time he unconsciously fell as sleep.