29. The War

Previously...

Lan qiren, "200 years ago, when my mother was still a child. Our great grand elder, Lan Yujie was the sect leader. He was well known for his kind and forgiving heart. His wife died while giving birth but even still their child did not lack no love. Everything was peaceful and calm until the sky opened."

Third Person POV

200 years ago,

Lan Yujie, "Yes, give them their-" With a loud sound the door opened, with a panting man, gasping for air. "Sec-ct Leader L-lan, the heaven has opened its gates." The two who were conversing looked at the man weirdly. "Xiao ming, calm down. The heavens won't open like that. It must be A-Yi's doing."

The man fell to his knees and cried, "No, the sky really opened." Just then clamors were heard which made the three go out. The entire crowd was gathered near the entrance from where the open sky could be seen.

The sky really opened; clouds gathered in circles around a bright light. It was directed above Qishan Wen. Yet it was so huge it could be seen from a distance. The noise was loud enough to bring the Lan elders out. Among the crowd stood a little girl with a leaf in her mouth.

"A-die, why is the sky open?" The Lan couldn't understand either. It was never written in any of the books. "It means an immortal has descended on our realm." An elder replied standing next to the sect leader. This caused more noise as the disciples discussed all possibilities.

Lan Yujie, "But, it's against the Heavenly Principles. The mortals and the immortals should never cross paths, not like this." The elder nodded, "I wonder the reason for their visit as well." Soon the disciples dispersed under the elder's order. The little girl clung onto her father's robes.

"A-Yi, you shouldn't disturb your father, go and study with the others." The girl pouted at the elder's words and hesitantly went away. "Elder Lan, I suppose it's time for a cultivation conference." The elder nodded. They both knew the open sky meant no good.

Cultivation conference, Qishan Wen Clan,

"The heavens have blessed us; an immortal has descended upon our realm to save us from the evil of this world. The great immortal by the name Qi Guan, has come to spread peace. Let us rejoice and mark this day deep in our hearts, for the glory of our clans."

The Wen clan leader addressed every sect present. His words changed many people's perspective. Everyone was drowning in wine celebrating the blessing from the great immortal. Some sects like the Jins did not favor this idea. They had nothing against the immortal but the clan it chose to help.

Jin sect leader, "Sect leader Wen, where is this immortal that you speak of?" The question erupted curiosity among other sects. The wen clan was continuously being questioned. But the sect leader slammed his hands against the table. "The immortal has chosen to take rest. He will give his words once he has risen." The other sect nodded and continued celebrating.

The Jin clan however did not like this, "Sect leader Lan, you have been quiet all along. Aren't you going to celebrate this wonderful event." The Lan kept silent and smiled but chose not to reply.

The celebration went peacefully but the immortal never showed his face. After weeks, the Qishan Wen clan announced that the immortal chose to return to his own realm. The people from all over the land argued, planning war and riots. But the big clans did nothing.

Cloud Recess,

Lan Yujie, "A-yi, you need to study. Then once you become powerful, you'll be able to help everyone. You'll be the best clan leader." The little girl pouted and turned her back, "I don't want to."

The door was burst open by a disciple, "Sect leader Lan, a big problem, revolt- all the clans are standing for war against the Wens!" The Lan rushed to the main hall to see the elders who were already discussing.

Elder, "Sect leader Lan, we should also assist them. The Wen clan has gone mad." The elders tried to validate the reason for war. The wen clan created a demonic seal which can control all the resentful energy. It can be put to good use but not in the hands of the Wens.

The Wen clan was completely surrounded by all the clan who together tried to destroy the Yin metal. Many clans were destroyed, many people died but the Wens did not lose anything. All their dead people came back to life and continued fighting.

In the end with no way to stop them, all the elders and clan leaders combined their energy to break through the resentful barrier of the Wens. Inside though, everything was peaceful. The Wens were drinking wine and lavishly enjoying their life while the clan was in turmoil.

The Sect leaders fought and took possession of the demonic tool and destroyed it completely. But what they did not know was that destroying it is impossible. The moment they destroyed it, all the resentful energy vanished only to form a vicious monster.

The monster looked similar to a dragon in the body shape and scales. However, its head looked like a snake, and it had a dark shade of yellow stone in between its scarlet eyes. The entire clan was in ruin. The civilians were mercilessly killed, building destroyed, all because of a huge monster.

The leaders all aimed for the yellow stone which shone bright as people died. The stone eventually broke from the attacks of different sects, but the Wen clan did not try to stop them. The clan leader was not even present. After they took hold of the demonic tool the leader seemed to disappear, but no one had the time to investigate it. The yellow stone degenerated and disappeared. Finally, after the Wen clan was brought down, the big clans took a piece of the demonic tool. The Lans, Nies, Jins, Hans, Jias each took a piece. Casting a talisman and several spells to block it from further use.

After a week the Wen clan rose again, but all the damage caused disappeared in a night. The buildings were restored, the people's life was restored. It was like nothing ever happened. The clans tried to interrogate them but since they were powerless, no one dared to bring up the incident ever again.

New clans emerged, namely the Yunmeng Jiang clan came to life. The land which was known as the Cloud city or the Sea of clouds, because of the beautiful flowers grown over the land, lost its beauty and turned into a landless city. The Yunmeng Jiang clan tried to bring back its original ecosystem and safeguard the place known for its magical effect.

Wei wuxian, "So how is this related to that demon?" The elder sighed, "Even I don't know the entire story but 100 years after that incident..."