14. The South

Previously...

Madam Yu, "Come with us my child, make us proud."

Jiang Cheng's POV

I nodded my head, "I will... NEVER." The same moment I felt a sword stab me, I looked at Wei wuxian who was right in front of me, "You will slowly learn... the pain you inflicted on others."

I started coughing blood as the sword was pushed deeper into me. "How annoying. I told you; I will die when I'm supposed to. I don't need your 'help'." Wei wuxian took a step back, and the others followed, are they going to kill me now? "Then don't come running to me for help." 

Jiang cheng, "Just take your core and go, that's the only thing that reminds me of you, and I don't need it." Just then the floor turned into black fluid, like wet sand. The bodies I was sitting on ran towards me from behind Wei wuxian, "You killed them for being evil, now they will kill you... Slowly." All the dead bodies pushed me down, into the black fluid. I-I couldn't breathe, I tried pushing them away, but it did not even move an inch, like I am nothing. "You have no power, the only reason you're looked up to, the reason for your great achievements, all are because of my core." I looked at him, standing in front of me, behind the bodies. "Fu-ck yo-u."

Those bodies now started to choke me; he must be mad, how fun. Dying like this isn't bad too. Another sword went through me, it was shijie.

Jiang Yanli, "A monster like you should die."

Hui Zhong, "Sect leader Jiang?" I lifted my hand and touched my chest, no blood. Another dream...it felt more real this time. "What?"

"It's... past 10." I sat up in a second. "What?" I am waking up really late nowadays. What is wrong with me... what is not wrong with me. "Is everything ready?"

Hui zhong, "Yes, sect leader." I nodded and gestured him to go, he bowed and left. I should leave soon.

After a while,

Hui zhong, "Sect leader, there is a problem with the pathway. We might have to go through the east road, through the Gusu borders." I sighed. "Fine" I rode my horse with Hui zhong and some other disciples in the back. All our horses had a single bundle of necessary things. We left to the south, but I feel like I'm missing something.

After some time, we reached the borders of Gusu, I got off the horse with my disciples following behind. We sat around a tree to take some rest. "Sect leader, if we go around the mountain, we might be able to reach faster." That's good, the work there might take some time, the earlier we go the better. I gestured for them to get on their horses again. And we continued our journey to the south.

We finally reached there when the sun was setting. "Sect leader Jiang!" a disciple of Jiahao clan bowed. I got off my horse and removed the bundle I brought with me. My disciples followed me and did the same.

 Jiahao clan is a really influential clan of the South. Though they don't participate in any of the cultivation conference, they are quite prosperous and great traders.

Pei Zhen, "Sect leader Jiang, this lowly life is Pei Zhen, honored to be in your presence." He lifted his head and smiled at me, a few maids took the bundles from us, "Please, this way." I followed him with my men behind me to a forest area.

Pei Zhen, "I hope your journey was not a problem, we have already prepared rooms for your stay." 

Jiang  cheng, "We are not planning on staying, we will be leaving after the problem is solved."

Pei Zhong, "Sect leader Jiang, my apologies for not informing you sooner but the problem is not something simple. Master insisted to let you rest today. If you would like, I will send documents related to the problem to your room."

Jiang cheng, "That would be much appreciated." We reached a mansion half the size of Lotus Pier. We entered the mansion, and the disciples were led to a different side by a few maids. I was led upstairs to a room near the end.

Pei zhen, "We have reached your room, sect leader Jiang. Please inform me if there is any problem." He bowed before leaving. I sighed again. This is not what I planned. If only I woke up early. But the room is very comfortable, I placed my sword and looked around to see if there was anything interesting. 

*Knock knock*

I opened the door making sure to take my sword with me. A maid came in with scrolls and my bundle. She placed it on the table before bowing and leaving. Weird. I sat down and started going through the papers.

I yawned again for the millionth time and maybe it's about time I go to sleep. What If I dream again. That might actually kill me.  I guess a little more work wouldn't hurt. I started correcting all the problems and made a few notes which completely emptied the ink. Should I ask them? 

I got up and I stretched a little and looked at the scenery out the window. Has no time passed, why is the sun still setting. I walked to the door and opened it. The corridor was extremely quiet. Maybe I should ask them later. I went back inside and just stood there. 

Should I take a bath, maybe. I opened the bundle to take a set of robes, then I went towards the connected bathing room. The bath is already ready, wow. They are very well prepared. I removed my clothes and got in. Good thing I brought two sets of robes. I rested my head against the stone tub and closed my eyes as my hair covered me like a blanket. After bathing, I got up and changed into my new robes and dried my hair.

Right when I exited the bathing room, there was a knock on the door. "Who is it?" I asked loudly, "It's me sect leader." I sat on the chair with all the scrolls in front of me. "What is it?" I heard the door open, and footsteps followed suit. "Sect leader." He bowed and I lifted my hand after which he stood straight. I gestured him to sit in front of me and he did. "What is it?"

Hui Zhong, "Sect leader, I thought you will be sleeping. But why did you not come for dinner?" dinner? Why did no one tell me and why would I be sleeping. "It must have crossed my mind, anyways I already corrected all the documents, we might leave soon."

Hui zhong, "But how... Did you not sleep again?" I was about to sleep, "I was about to go to bed, but you came and disturbed me. Now go bring me dinner." He sighed and looked at me, "Sect leader, it's early morning. You should be eating breakfast now." What, but... He should've understood my confusion, "Sect leader, you can't be like this. This is not good for your body." He whined like a baby, "You never eat anything, and you don't sleep either. Though now you have been sleeping, which is an improvement." I wouldn't call that sleep.

Jiang cheng, "Whatever, did you receive any letter from Gusu?" He looked at me and the moment we made eye contact he looked down, "I... we... there was a problem with the messenger... so the l-letter might n-not ha-ve...reached t-there-." I slammed my hand on the table, and he jumped in his seat. "What?"