89. Surprise Everywhere

Previously...

"I love you."

Third Person POV

Jiang cheng suddenly felt a warm wind pass through him. Redness filled his cheeks. His vision suddenly became so clear he could see his reflection in the Lan's eyes. He felt himself be surrounded by pink cherry blossoms and a warm sensation filled his stomach.

"So this is what they call 'butterflies in stomach' "

Leaned forward unable to hear him but he did not expect the Jiang to flinch back. He lowered his head, understanding his reply and Leaned back. "It's fine-"

"It's not like that!" He interrupted. His his body slightly trembled in the cold as he tightly held the blue clouded collar. "I don't... know yet."

Lan xichen smiled ever so gently caressing face. "I can wait, even a hundred years." Jiang cheng slightly hit his shoulders embarrassed. He looked away shyly yet firmly griping onto the other.

Lan xichen brought him closer and just as they were about to kiss, the trees behind started to tremble and they moved apart immediately. Jiang cheng could feel the cold air cover him again. He took the robes which were almost dry and quickly started to change.

Before he could even tie his belt properly, the tree behind him was thrown away as two disciples fought a war. Jiang cheng turned around and before he knew it he had become a hot steaming pot. He took the sword near him and attacked the golden robes to his defeat.

"Jingling! What are you doing here? Is this how you're supposed to act. Fighting like chickens. Is this what I thought you?"

The boys face grew blue as he immediately lowered his head waiting for a good beating. But to his luck, lan xichen chose to help the young one.

"They are still growing, it should be fine to play fight as long as they don't get injured. Don't you think Wanyin?"

Jinling bowed to the Lan, "Zewujun, it's alright, I don't think my uncle will agree-"

"Fine next time don't break a tree like that. What if I was just a commoner, what will u do if I get hit?"

Jinling stared blankly at his uncle in disbelief. When did his uncle agree to others words.

Jingyi bowed to greet the two leaders and waited patiently for the family to finish their talk.

-

Wei wuxian stood by the gates waiting for his brother. This time he was sure to heal their bond. He was filled with determination and ideas. He was not going to leave till he patches up their relationship. He even left his 'Lan zhan' in Gusu.

He yawned for the nth time, completely bored. Passing disciples wanted to invite him inside but did not dare to anger their Sect leader. Finally tired to death, he leaned on a tree and closed his when loud footsteps were heard. But he was not gonna fall for it. He already got fooled many times thinking it was his brother's arrival and now that he closed his eyes, he was not going to open them that is until he heard the grumpy voice.

"What is he doing here?"

He jolted awake as if hit by lightning and rubbed his eyes open. An awkward smile crept up his face as he spoke. "Jian- Sect leader Jiang... I was hoping to see you..."

Jiang cheng narrowed his eyes, "Speak." He said with caution. He was not interested in cooperating with his fake face.

"Aiya, won't you invite me inside? There is a lot to say that might not fit in a day."

Jiang cheng opened his mouth to refuse but Jinling chose to get a beating and stepped in.

"Wei wuxian, come, let's go." Jinling dragged him inside with the other three following them.