96. Lanterns with the Moon

Previously...

" Wangji, if you have sonthing to ask me, no need to think twice."

The said man looked at his brother, unsure.

" Brother, do you like Sect leader Jiang?"

Third Person POV

"Lan Zhan~"

Wangji immediately turned around, tracing his husband's voice. His pupils grew wide as his lips parted leaving him stunned.

Wei wuxian had his hair down with a half bun decorated like a flower. His robe was a softer pink with an elegant dark crimson outer robes.

While he pulled away his lover, Lan xichen was left alone with the Jiang.
Oh he never thought he would ever get to look at such a beautiful view, better than all the greatest monuments.

Jiang cheng had his hair done same as the Wei, but his robes were still purple since he was a sect leader and all. He looked more gentle like a newly bloomed lotus floating in the clear waters in Yunmeng with crystals of ice glazing its grace.

They were not lying when they said Jiang cheng took after his mother more. He could beat even the most beautiful women.

Jiang cheng had a straight face all the while. He simply turned around and walked off leaving the Lan to run after him. His cheeks were tinted red like plums when he felt the gaze of the Lan. 'This makes things easier' he thought and walked into the busy streets.

While he looked around, he felt his shoulder warm. Just when he turned around, the Lan reached out to take a dandelion seed which stuck to his hair. Jiang cheng patted his hair roughly. 'How can I confess if even looking at him makes my heart beat fast' he cried and walked fast.

The sun finally came to rest and the stars twinkled brightly. The moon was at its fullest and the people lighted lanterns and let them rise. The warm feeling was accompanied by the cold night as the monsoon neared.

The two couples stood beside each other, secluded from the others but unknowingly near each other. What divided them was just a small lantern shop. Empty of people, full of lanterns hanging from the ground to the top.

Jiang cheng stood with a lovely yellow lantern engraved with 'New Lotus' in bold Hanzi (chinese letters).

Jiang cheng looked at the Lan who also had a lantern but all in white. It had a cherry bloosm branch painted on it.

Lan xichen looked at the Jiang, if they were ready to fly it and the Jiang nodded, understanding his look. The lantern was lighted up and ready to go. They pushed the lantern lightly into the air and the lanterns immediately took off into the air together.

Right next to theirs flew another pair of lanterns which showcased bold words of love.

But that was not Jaing cheng's concern. He stared at the lantern preparing his speech. Right when the Lan turned toward him, he looked down. All shy.

"Wanyin, shall we-"

"Sect leader Lan!"

"... Xichen..." he slowly looked up. The Lans eyes reflected the light of the moon while Jiang cheng's eyes reflected the lights of all the glowing lanters in the air.

"What is it, wanyin?" He asked with a soft voice. They stood near eachother, barley a few inches away, but it still felt as though they were on different planets.

"I... I-I ....."

Xichen grasped his hands as he covered those trembling pale fingers.

"Wanyin, dear wanyin, my sweet lovely Wanyin... I have gone through an eternity, meeting different people and losing people too... but I have never met someone who could complete me. But maybe it was just me who was blind...